Expected return for Giroux (Will not play Friday or Sunday for the Flyers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Based upon the rumors floating around the Avs offer for Giroux, I'd rather see the Flyers find another acceptable trading partner than them. Their scrub minor leaguers don't excite me and the fact that they don't have a #1 DC in the '22 draft hurts their position.
There are other trading partners out there. Boston and Carolina have been suggested in the media. IDK what they would have to offer in return. What are your ideas of a suitable return from them or other franchises? The going rate is a top prospect, a #1 DC and something else.

Reactions: Larry44

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Ideally they would get back a really good center prospect who is already, or close to, playing in the NHL. Newhook would be a great get, but it doesnt sound likely unless a real bidding war breaks out.

A realistic return from Colorado would be 2023 1st, Barron, and Compher. Barron fills the RD need, so in theory that helps but idk enough about him as a player.

Outside of colorado, they could look to get that Newhook level player from another team...but not sure who thatd be.

Colorados 2023 pick actually helps their offer bc thats expected to be a much deeper draft.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Ideally you get a 2023 1st, and a centre prospect with high upside. They’ll need to retain on G and likely take a guy like Compher to make the salary work. Compher is a dime a dozen player. I’m not sold on Barron being a top 4 guy, especially with our track record of development, d men in particular.

In any case, this is Cuck we are talking about. So he’ll likely tack on our 2023 1st to G for Jost and some other shit garbage to make sure Sakic is happy.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I expect a 1st and a good prospect. Ideally, from a team that's likely to get eliminated in the 1st round. So, what has Toronto to offer?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bored, out-of-the-box thought: would Florida trade one of the Sams for Giroux? The salary would work if the Flyers retained; the Panthers would have about $1.4 million extra if it was Reinhart for Giroux @ 50%. Both are much younger (26 and 25).
Doubt it. Teams don’t like sending people out of the room.

Reactions: BernieParent

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Something like this would work. Oskar Olausson, Justin Barron, and #1 pck in 2023
No thank you. He's projected as a top 9 player, but lacks the drive to be consistent, and when his motor isn't going which is pretty frequently, he's completely unnoticeable (so he'd fit right in)

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I’ll be f***en pumped if we get Giroux. I’ve always liked him and he’s still a great player. I know what he means to all Flyers’ fans. It would be very weird seeing him in a different jersey for sure.
We hope you guys get him, avs has always been my 2nd team thanks to growing up loving watching Sakic play, but for shits and giggles, what would be the most you'd give up for giroux to help secure a cup?

Reactions: Domino666

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
We hope you guys get him, avs has always been my 2nd team thanks to growing up loving watching Sakic play, but for shits and giggles, what would be the most you'd give up for giroux to help secure a cup?
1st, Barron and Compher/Jost. I’m sure you will get better offers, but it’s ultimately up to Giroux where he goes, I think? I imagine he wants the Flyers to get a great return. He’s a great all around player and I’m excited at the possibility of having him on the Avs!

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
1st, Barron and Compher/Jost. I’m sure you will get better offers, but it’s ultimately up to Giroux where he goes, I think? I imagine he wants the Flyers to get a great return. He’s a great all around player and I’m excited at the possibility of having him on the Avs!
It is 100% up to giroux, and if I were him I'd stick it to the flyers for failure to provide me a good team my entire career lol I'd go to the team offer a pair of 2nds and shit on the ice as I left lol but he's not me

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is the same idiot who traded Ghost for negative return so he could then trade a ton for one of the worst defensemen in the entire league. He also traded their top scorer from last season, who is highly skilled at both passing and zone entries.

AND THEN ONLY A FEW MONTHS LATER he whines during a press conference that the team needs more skill and puck moving ability.

We're going to get screwed.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
This is the same idiot who traded Ghost for negative return so he could then trade a ton for one of the worst defensemen in the entire league. He also traded their top scorer from last season, who is highly skilled at both passing and zone entries.

AND THEN ONLY A FEW MONTHS LATER he whines during a press conference that the team needs more skill and puck moving ability.

We're going to get screwed.

I think he ought to target MacDermid. Maybe a 4th round pick in 2023. It is a deep draft after all.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ranta is too random of a name not to be in actual discussions. Set your expectations based around that.

Weird there's no talk of Behrens. He's playing top pair/PP on one of the best teams in the country. The Flyers specifically avoided undersized defensemen in the 2021 draft so most are likely correct in excluding him, but he is one of Colorado's better prospects. Maybe their best.

Helleson seems up Chuck's ally too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad