Expectations for Matthew Tkachuk?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He'll have obviously a much worse year than last 2 years. No 100+ points this year.
Also, I think Florida's in big trouble. Likely no playoffs. Bob will have his typical 900-905 for them and not .940% like he did from end of Boston series to start of finals.

Bob had a .901 in 50 games last year and they made it

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
There were reasons to believe Tkachuk would see some regression last year after his line in Calgary had some unsustainable percentages, but he put those ideas to rest last year and there’s nothing in the numbers that suggests he can’t do it again.

By a point yes.

Right but they’ve shown they can still make it even with a weak SV% so playoff Bob not showing up shouldn’t be the reason for missing in itself or saying they likely won’t make it. It’ll be up to their offense to carry them in again. And even if Tkachuk and Montour don’t have as strong seasons, Barkov, Reinhart, Lundell, and Ekblad can all improve.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The thing with Tkachuk is that he’s shown he can be elite with multiple linemates now and on different teams.
Anyone expecting a big regression is probably basing that more on wishing thinking rather than reasonable expectations. There also appears to be some bad feelings from last years playoffs at play too.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Yes, a little regression is possible....

it may take 6 games for FL to eliminate the Leafs this season.

Quality chirp, made me laugh.

Will Florida even make the playoffs?

We are still at the optimistic part of the season. No one thinks their team sucks yet. Give it a few weeks and people will be more receptive to this message.

Bob had a .901 in 50 games last year and they made it

Because Lyon saved your season playing as a .960 goalie

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Quality chirp, made me laugh.

We are still at the optimistic part of the season. No one thinks their team sucks yet. Give it a few weeks and people will be more receptive to this message.

Because Lyon saved your season playing as a .960 goalie
Going on year 8 for Leafs fans thinking their team is a playoff dynasty.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I just find it funny how certain posters thought he was mad overrated and would struggle after breaking up the best line in the NHL in calgary

new team, on the wing............. Finalist for the Hart in his first season

how'd his line mates do again?

gach

Aug 2, 2018
My expectation is he should learn to take a hit. He can give a hit just can't take one.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Guy is a total beast. I was wrong about him, I thought 80 pts was a realistic get but he’s just so smart with his anticipation and iq. I’ll admit I didn’t appreciate him until he left YYC lol

Reactions: Laus723

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
At least two suspensions and an enforcer fills his face in. Time for that gutless turtle to feel the consequences for being a complete disgrace to the sport.

• Haha

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Back to back 100+ pt campaigns. Chucky is a 100pt player now. Not a single person on here would be saying that a year ago.

Guy is a total beast. I was wrong about him, I thought 80 pts was a realistic get but he’s just so smart with his anticipation and iq. I’ll admit I didn’t appreciate him until he left YYC lol

Literally everyone on here (myself included) were saying how Matthew was a product of playing with John hockey and that John is the better player. Funny how now, Tkachuk is the far better player.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Back to back 100+ pt campaigns. Chucky is a 100pt player now. Not a single person on here would be saying that a year ago.
Literally everyone on here (myself included) were saying how Matthew was a product of playing with John hockey and that John is the better player. Funny how now, Tkachuk is the far better player.

You sure about that? Many were saying it in the Tkachuk/Huberdeau/Weegar trade thread on the FLA side.

Last edited:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
You sure about that? Many were saying it in the Tkachuk/Huberdeau/Weegar trade thread on the FLA side.

I remember in the main board thread, many were saying that Tkachuk would never put up another 100pt season without Johnny hockey on his line. I was one of them. Not many non-Florida fans saw him smashing his season in Calgary playing on the best line in hockey that year. And then being the best winger in the NHL last year carrying his team to the cup final.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I remember in the main board thread, many were saying that Tkachuk would never put up another 100pt season without Johnny hockey on his line. I was one of them. Not many non-Florida fans saw him smashing his season in Calgary playing on the best line in hockey that year. And then being the best winger in the NHL last year carrying his team to the cup final.
Seems like a pretty foolish thing to say when he could've easily been placed on Barkov's wing.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I don't see why he can't duplicate last season, especially if OEL carries over his solid preseason play into the regular season. It looks like he could inflate a lot of forwards' point totals.
OEL is only good in the preseason. 45g, 55a Tkachuk season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad