GDT: Expansion Draft: Seattle Kraken | Wednesday 21st July | 8PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Probably take Beniers on Friday. Throw him right into the wolves .... so shore up another C for the lineup

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Capfriendly shows that the Kraken have ~$29 million in cap space though so there's plenty of money left for a stab at Eichel/Landeskog etc.

They had an exclusive period to negotiate with UFAs, I highly doubt Eichel or Landeskog would want to go on a bottom feeding team

Especially Eichel after playing on a rebuilding team in his entire career.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
They had an exclusive period to negotiate with UFAs, I highly doubt Eichel or Landeskog would want to go on a bottom feeding team

Agreed. Eichel had so much fun in Buffalo that he is probably dying to move to an expansion team.......

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Maybe Landeskog since UFA....but I'm not sure they enough to trade for Eichel

Landeskog wouldn't sign with them. Aside from 2OA, the Kraken absolutely do not have any assets that would mildly entice Buffalo to get Eichel. They can basically get whatever C that 2OA would buy, or they could draft Beniers and ruin his development by throwing him in.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Welp, might as well start a Tank thread on the Kraken page. What a shit roster.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB

Well they'd have to work out a trade for Eichel so that one is much more speculative... but I think if they wanted to drop $8.5 million x 7 years on Landeskog (rumor is he's looking for ~$60 million)... you'd have to think he'd have to at least consider it pretty hard.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Who were the best players not picked by the Kraken? I didn't follow the protected lists very closely.

Bean from Carolina
Zadorov from Chicago
Domi/Harrington from Columbus
Stetcher from Detroit
Lemieux/Grundstrom/Clague from LA
Duchene/Johansen from Nashville
Tarasenko from St Louis

There are more, I'm sure there will be lots of articles outlining the failures tonight.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Choosing Quenneville over Zadorov with the Chicago pick is odd... you'd have to think there was some sort of handshake deal there for them to take Quenneville.

They would be able to instantly flip Zadorov for a decent pick at the very worst even if they never keep him on the roster... for Quenneville I don't know if they'd even get a 6th round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad