Pre-Game Talk: Expansion brothers game, Saturday night 7pm in the SENS DEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Sorry as this is OT: Don't want to bump/create a thread for this....but does anyone know the deal with the Sens on Demand deals?

Are they a much better deal than just buying the individual tickets?
I had them last season and I felt like the occasional sales that the team would offer were a better bet, and the ticket prices are quite a bit cheaper on stubhub. I also couldn't figure out how to redeem the concession savings.

Anyone else have any thoughts on these sens on demand?

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Sorry as this is OT: Don't want to bump/create a thread for this....but does anyone know the deal with the Sens on Demand deals?

Are they a much better deal than just buying the individual tickets?
I had them last season and I felt like the occasional sales that the team would offer were a better bet, and the ticket prices are quite a bit cheaper on stubhub. I also couldn't figure out how to redeem the concession savings.

Anyone else have any thoughts on these sens on demand?
I went through this last year so I’ll tell you exactly what you need to know. :)

I got the cheapest $600 package last year and this is what happened:

1. You were more or less treated like a season ticket number for the routine stuff. If you get emails as if you are a season-ticket member, and you get some of the deals/events extend it to season-ticket members.

2. You’ll get an earlier access to tickets when they released. Such as the beginning of the year or when a new block of tickets opens up for another set of games..

3. Tickets are at a small discount compared to regular admission prices. Parking too.

4. You’ll get free ticket dumps. Happened a few times last year. This year I already have free tickets to a game in December. Free tickets are usually 300 levels weeknights.

5. The colour of your tickets is red so whenever you buy concessions or merchandise at the store you just show your ticket (in your phone) and you get the discount. That’s very poorly outlined took me a while to figure out.

6. I re-upped my Send on demand for this year with a deal they offered after Christmas. So I got the $600 package for this year at a discount by committing last year.

7. Your ticket transactions are through your AM Ticketmaster account which is different than your regular ticket master app.

8. The $600 package gives you access to purchase tickets for any game except Leafs/Habs

9. There will be a season ticket customer service agent assigned to you they will email/call you periodically to see if you have any questions or need anything and is available for you to call or email for any questions.

10. How it all works is essentially your package amount (whatever $$ you purchase) becomes a credit in your AM Ticketmaster account, as you buy tickets +/- discounted parking the account balance drops. You can re-up at any time. If at the end of the season there are fun still remaining you lose them. You cannot use the funds to buy merchandise or concessions even though you get the discount by showing your ticket.

Edit: fixed a few typos

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy and dumbdick

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The NHL is a joke. I've lost all excitement. This team just keeps losing assets in first and second round picks. Has to deal with constant drama. We keep losing. The NHL keeps us down.

What's the point?

Is anyone actually thinking we have the pipelines to win a cup with all the drama and punishment and dorion giving away picks?

Seems like a half assed build with nothing to help us improve.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Too bad we added to that draft by losing a bunch of firsts and seconds for nothing, basically cancelling the competitive advantage we got from that draft.

I'm counting 3 first and 4 seconds given away to the NHL or other teams in trades for assets that aren't even here anymore.

1st(#4) for Duchene.
1st(#7) for debrincat.
1st to the NHL for dadanov (how have we not appealed yet????)

2nd for Stepan
2nd for Murray
2nd to get rid of zaitsev

The list goes on.

It's extremely difficult to build a proper contender when you piss away so many valuable assets.

Not to mention stone for brannstrom.

These all add up.

Zibanejad for Brassard.

We went from a rebuild that could eventually win a cup to a rebuild that could eventually make the playoffs. We lost all depth. All assets. All prospects. We've got nothing coming up through the last 3 drafts and without a first in the upcoming, that will likely make 4 drafts without a strong player.

How do you get ahead?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Too bad we added to that draft by losing a bunch of firsts and seconds for nothing, basically cancelling the competitive advantage we got from that draft.

I'm counting 3 first and 4 seconds given away to the NHL or other teams in trades for assets that aren't even here anymore.

1st(#4) for Duchene.
1st(#7) for debrincat.

2nd for Stepan
2nd for Murray

The list goes on.

It's extremely difficult to build a proper contender when you piss away so many valuable assets.

These all add up.

Zibanejad for Brassard.

We went from a rebuild that could eventually win a cup to a rebuild that could eventually make the playoffs. We lost all depth. All assets. All prospects. We've got nothing coming up through the last 3 drafts and without a first in the upcoming, that will likely make 4 drafts without a strong player.

How do you get ahead?
Is this a rebuttal to something. Looks like appreciation thread material.

Last edited:

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Hard to be optimistic looking at the lineup. One reason people loved the team earlier was the defense. Brannstrom and Harmonic properly slotted on the third pair behind four studs. Now there are two studs, Harmonic being asked to do way too much and three guys from Belleville. Yes, everyone has injuries and they're a convenient excuse, but we're allowed to recognize reality, right?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Is this a rebuttal to something. Looks like appreciation thread material.

Huh? I'm saying that the 2020 draft was so good and could have helped propel Ottawa to a contender if it wasn't proceeded and proceeded by wasting away so many draft picks in all the other years.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna

1st(#4) for Duchene.
1st(#7) for debrincat.

2nd for Stepan
2nd for Murray

The list goes on.

These all add up.

Zibanejad for Brassard.

How do you get ahead?

Looking at our prospect pool you would think we just finished our contending window. We have some good young players in the lineup but need more young talent on ELC. That could take us from playoff contender to cup contender.

Dorions legacy will be the stumbling baffoon whose peak was taking 5 years to get a team to .500 by obliterating the pipeline for the next GM.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Looking at our prospect pool you would think we just finished our contending window. We have some good young players in the lineup but need more young talent on ELC. That could take us from playoff contender to cup contender.

Dorions legacy will be the stumbling baffoon whose peak was taking 5 years to get a team to .500 by obliterating the pipeline for the next GM.

This.

This is why, depsite having a young roster that can improve, and despite the fact a new coaching staff would also see improvement, is this improvement going to be enough to win a cup with all the wasted drafts and an upcoming first taken away?

I don't want to half ass it and make the playoffs for 3 years as a bottom team and then fade away.

I would rather do it right and have a team loaded with young players AND prospects AND upcoming picks. Do it right.

And then not give up half those picks and prospects to get rid of problems or to go for a star player when we can't even make the playoffs.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Will probably watch the AOT finale instead
Damn is that tonight. I’m on season 2.

1st(#4) for Duchene.
1st(#7) for debrincat.

2nd for Stepan
2nd for Murray

The list goes on.

These all add up.

Zibanejad for Brassard.

How do you get ahead?
The seconds for truly bad players are hilarious. Those firsts I did understand. And I still do. It the seconds to simply round out your roster with bad players….

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Wow. I agree with DJ on those lines. Have to spread the wealth a little and jarventie needs help

I wouldn’t mind seeing him with stutzle and tkatchuk briefly. To see if he can build some chemistry with them he’s a shooter and on that side tkatchuk and stutzle could open up some one timers for him. Giroux won’t be around forever

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Because it is a slamdunk. Dorion completely f***ed up, an appeal will not reverse the decision because it is all on Dorion lying and/or total incompetence.

Why bother appeal?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Because it is a slamdunk. Dorion completely f***ed up, an appeal will not reverse the decision because it is all on Dorion lying and/or total incompetence.

Why bother appeal?

Because the punishment is misdirected.

They are a private entity that has 2 years to be creative to find a way that punishes the individuals directly involved, but instead, came up with a punishment that more affects the new enthusiastic owner and the fans that have gone through a decade of shit with Melnyk and dorion and don't need more reasons to get discouraged.

A fine to the Melnyk estate for being in charge at the time, as well as a multi year suspension to dorion from joining the league would make more sense.

Or even mid round picks to Vegas and Anaheim would make more sense too.

It wouldn't be an appeal to remove punishment, but rather to change it, or change the severity of it.

For a team that has had to suffer through such shit ownership, taking away a first is just a gut punch when we're already down.

The fans dont deserve this and the NHL should consider the fans. Go after the individuals involved. Don't piss off the fans.

They could have been a lot more creative in targetting the proper people involved for punishment.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

1st(#4) for Duchene.
1st(#7) for debrincat.

2nd for Stepan
2nd for Murray

The list goes on.

These all add up.

Zibanejad for Brassard.

How do you get ahead?
not to mention all that time wasted for players, staff and fans. Basically watched the organization spin it’s wheels for 5 years. Shame on the people responsible. Charging money all the while and complaining about the lack of support and criticism.
Yes.., shame on those bastards.

Now enough of that bs, win this fing game! :)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Because the punishment is misdirected.

They are a private entity that has 2 years to be creative to find a way that punishes the individuals directly involved, but instead, came up with a punishment that more affects the new enthusiastic owner and the fans that have gone through a decade of shit with Melnyk and dorion and don't need more reasons to get discouraged.

A fine to the Melnyk estate for being in charge at the time, as well as a multi year suspension to dorion from joining the league would make more sense.

Or even mid round picks to Vegas and Anaheim would make more sense too.

It wouldn't be an appeal to remove punishment, but rather to change it, or change the severity of it.

For a team that has had to suffer through such shit ownership, taking away a first is just a gut punch when we're already down.

The fans dont deserve this and the NHL should consider the fans. Go after the individuals involved. Don't piss off the fans.

They could have been a lot more creative in targetting the proper people involved for punishment.
You make sense.

However you should consider that, hopefully, Andlaeur did think this through before deciding he wouldn't appeal.

There are NHL bylaws (which I don't care to sift through) and if the transgression is clear and undeniable, and the punishment laid out in these bylaws, there is no point in fighting it.

Commissioners have very broad powers, they don't get overturned.

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I went through this last year so I’ll tell you exactly what you need to know. :)

I got the cheapest $600 package last year and this is what happened:

1. You were more or less treated like a season ticket number for the routine stuff. If you get emails as if you are a season-ticket member, and you get some of the deals/events extend it to season-ticket members.

2. You’ll get an earlier access to tickets when they released. Such as the beginning of the year or when a new block of tickets opens up for another set of games..

3. Tickets are at a small discount compared to charter mission prices. Parking too.

4. You’ll get free ticket dumps. Happen a few times last year. This year I have free tickets to a game in December. Free tickets are usually 300 levels weeknights.

5. The colour of your tickets is red so whenever you buy concessions or merchandise at the store you just show your ticket (in your phone) and you get the discount. That’s very poorly outlined took me a while to figure out.

6. I re-upped my sons on demand for this year with a deal they offered after Christmas. So I got the $600 package for this year at a discount by committing last year.

7. Your ticket transactions are through your AM Ticketmaster account which is different than your regular ticket master app.

8. The $600 package gives you access to purchase tickets for any game except Leafs/Habs

9. There will be a season ticket customer service agent assigned to you I will email you periodically to see if you have any questions or need anything and is available for you to call or email for any questions.

10. How it all works is essentially your package amount (whatever $$ you purchase) becomes a credit in your AM Ticketmaster account, as you buy tickets +/- discounted parking the account balance drops. You can re-up at any time. If at the end of the season there are fun still remaining you lose them. You cannot use the funds to buy merchandise or concessions even though you get the discount by showing your ticket.
Awesome reply, my friend. Thank you. You know more about this than my ticket rep does!

I also have the $600 package. Until now i never figured out the concession savings, so i really appreciate that. I was expecting a season ticket holder card that never arrived.

I still think it a waste for me since i prefer to buy last minute, but I prefer to support the team over stubhub resellers so i guess I'm doing my part. I missed way too many games in the past due to snowstorms or unforeseen events.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Why recall MacEwen instead of Smejkal??? The only thing MacEwen is good at is take stupid penalties!! Smejkal deserves to a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad