Pre-Game Talk: [EXHIBITION] GM 3: Vancouver @ Calgary - Thurs, Sep 25th - 6:00PM PST - SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
large.png
vs.
large.png

WHEN: Thursday, September 25th, 6:00PM PST
WHERE: Calgary, AB
TV: Sportsnet 360
RADIO: TSN1040

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup:
To Be Determined.

Calgary Flames' Starting Lineup:
To Be Determined.

Notes:

galiano

Mar 12, 2003
why do you ask ?
Visit site
Should be very interesting who gets to play. Will they give Curtis Valk a chance ?

There are a lot of players still on the roster who have no chance and you have to wonder why they aren't cut or sent back to wherever.

Anyone heard about the next cuts ? Likely after the next game ?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Should be very interesting who gets to play. Will they give Curtis Valk a chance ?

There are a lot of players still on the roster who have no chance and you have to wonder why they aren't cut or sent back to wherever.

Anyone heard about the next cuts ? Likely after the next game ?

Anton Cederholm appears to have been cut, although there's nothing official yet.

Anton Cederholm‏@antoncederholm·1 hr
I would like to thank @VanCanucks for great two weeks and even greater experiences. Excited to get the season started with the boys in PDX!!

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Jordan Subban has been re-assigned as well, per Jeff Patterson.

I would have thought he'd get another game for the experience, but I guess his junior season is starting and he should be there. Wasn't ever going to make the team this year anyway, that possibility is several years down the line.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Sedin Sedin vrbata
Shinkaruk Vey Kassian
Burrows Horvat Higgins
Gaunce Richardson Jensen

ill say

Higgins Richardson Hansen
Matthias Vey Dorsett
Zalewski Gaunce Grenier
Sestito Valk Wyman

Edler(if he is good to go)/Hamhuis Corrado
Sbisa Sanguinetti
Tommernes Biega

Markstrom
Lack

Last edited:

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Won't happen but I'd love to see this lineup tomorrow

Shinkaruk-Bonino-Kassian
Burrows-Horvat-Vey
Gaunce-Valk-Dorsett
Sestito-Richardson-Zalewski

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
I would have thought he'd get another game for the experience, but I guess his junior season is starting and he should be there. Wasn't ever going to make the team this year anyway, that possibility is several years down the line.

Pretty much nailed it.
thumbs_up.png

Excited for Subban's progress in the next couple of years.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Subban not getting another game or two, is wrong imo

He earned a few more games, the experience he could gain playing a few more games in the preseason is worth it. They sent him down way to early.

Last edited:

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Won't happen but I'd love to see this lineup tomorrow

Shinkaruk-Bonino-Kassian
Burrows-Horvat-Vey
Gaunce-Valk-Dorsett
Sestito-Richardson-Zalewski

I wanna see Shinkaruk horvat Kassian for WCE similarities but I agree bonino would actually get them both going.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
Subban not getting another game or two, is wrong imo

He earned a few more games, the experience he could gain playing a few more games in the preseason is worth it. They sent him down way to early.

Meh, not the end of the world.
Will most certainly have no influence on his development, but I can't tell if that's what you're getting at...

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Dang I have to work tmrw so I won't get to see the lineup till tmrw night.

I think they should just do a mixed lineup and rest the Sedins. I want to see a good lineup Friday night since I can finally watch the game on SN1.

Fridays lineup I would like is:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Shinkaruk - Vey - Bonino
Guance - Horvat - Jensen
Zalewski - Valk - Friesen

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Sbisa - Tanev
Stanton - Corrado/Andersson/Tommernes

Toughness will come from defense.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I hope for the entire preseason they keep Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata together and Burrows - Bonino - Kassian together to build chemistry.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I hope for the entire preseason they keep Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata together and Burrows - Bonino - Kassian together to build chemistry.

Agree on the Sedins+Vrbata. We know we've already got some chemistry and familiarity there with Burrows as a fallback anyway.

I'd be a lot less bullish on the Burrows-Bonino-Kassian trio though. I wouldn't be dead set on that being a set 2nd line come regular season either. If there's a real spark, sure...see where it goes. But if it's not meshing right off the bat, we've got a lot of other pieces that could cycle in there.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Bollig-Carroll-McGrattin
Engelland-Brookbank

:laugh:

Send Sbisa and Stanton in they will teach them a thing of two along with Bieksa. Our defense is actually pretty gritty and tough this year.

Then get Dorsett, Lain and Friesen(Plays big) in the lineup.

Line Brawl?

Dorsett - Bieksa - Lain
Sbisa - Stanton

We will pay Torts a 500K bonus to go fight Hartley :sarcasm:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Agree on the Sedins+Vrbata. We know we've already got some chemistry and familiarity there with Burrows as a fallback anyway.

I'd be a lot less bullish on the Burrows-Bonino-Kassian trio though. I wouldn't be dead set on that being a set 2nd line come regular season either. If there's a real spark, sure...see where it goes. But if it's not meshing right off the bat, we've got a lot of other pieces that could cycle in there.

True enough. We could see a lot of Higgins/Hansen on that second line as well, with Bonino. I think with the wingers we have (Higgins, Kassian, Burrows, Hansen) we could see them shifting around from the second/third lines all year, depending who is hot or not.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
True enough. We could see a lot of Higgins/Hansen on that second line as well, with Bonino. I think with the wingers we have (Higgins, Kassian, Burrows, Hansen) we could see them shifting around from the second/third lines all year, depending who is hot or not.

Yeah. I think we're likely to see a fair bit of mix-n-match movement in the middle-six this season, if not even most of the bottom-9 in general. A lot of moving pieces, personally i'd want to explore where the chemistry might be. And as is often the case, sometimes even good chemistry needs a bit of a spark with some change-ups.

I think even the Sedin line will probably see some changes with Vrbata being the go-to, but we've already established that Burrows can play well there, Hansen can frustrate everyone playing there if desperate, Jensen is an option, etc. It's all these new faces in the middle where we don't know what's going to jive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad