Pre-Game Talk: [EXHIBITION] Games 1 and 2: Vancouver vs. San Jose - Tues, Sept 23rd, 6:00PM, SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Suprised to see Valk not in the lineup whats up with that? :amazed:

A lot of guys will be getting cut after these split squad games, especially the younger ones. Pretty sure Canuck management wants to get one last look at a lot of them.

I guess what I'm saying is that Valk is going to get into some actual pre-season games if I'm reading this correctly.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
A lot of guys will be getting cut after these split squad games, especially the younger ones. Pretty sure Canuck management wants to get one last look at a lot of them.

I guess what I'm saying is that Valk is going to get into some actual pre-season games if I'm reading this correctly.

Ah that makes sense hopefully we can see our rookies spread out on lines with the vets in the later games. Getting excited!

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Interesting line-ups. One team is not like the other.

I'm guessing TSN1040 and 1410 will have each game? Damn evening classes making me miss hockey!

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

It may also be Valk's agent does not want him to get injured if they are working on a contract ATM. So they are playing it safe since he has clearly made it through the first few cuts.

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Nice to see all the muscle being sent to Stockton, that should be an... interesting game

What's the over/under on fights??

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
It may also be Valk's agent does not want him to get injured if they are working on a contract ATM. So they are playing it safe since he has clearly made it through the first few cuts.

Yes, I had that thought as well, especially after Willie's comments.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Not a huge fan of the D parings and how they are spread out... Webber on the wrong side, I sure hope that they talked to SJ and they will play a stronger team in game 1...

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I'm really excited. I live in Stockton now and never even dreamed to see this would happen. Although the Thunder are the hottest team in the ECHL.

Does anyone know if the Stockton game got moved to 6? My bro-in-law is coming from out of town. I will provide pics. Which sweater should I wear? Stick in Rink or Flying Skate (black and orange)? Or maybe my Orca just so I can get asked what it is by Sharks fans again.

The Thunder does do broadcasts. They have cameras throughout the arena so it could be broadcast. They occasionally shows games locally.

If its a goon squad the 'Nucks should dress #24 Garet Hunt. He's a regular Stan Jonathan.

Last edited:

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
hockey buzz reports the following SJ players will be in each lineup

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Tim-...ups-announced-for-VancouverStockton/214/62480

Stockton, CA

Forwards

Joe Pavelski
Andrew Desjardins
Joe Thornton
John Scott
Ryan Carpenter
Bryan Lerg
Tomas Hertl
Chris Tierney
Travis Oleksuk
Daniil Tarasov
Eriah Hayes
Nikolay Goldobin
Barclay Goodrow

Defense

Mirco Mueller
Marc-Edouard Vlasic
Konrad Abeltshauser
Justin Braun
Dylan DeMelo
Matt Tennyson

Goalies

Antti Niemi
Troy Grosenick

Vancouver, BC

Forwards

Patrick Marleau
Mike Brown
Tye McGinn
Adam Burish
Michael Haley
Logan Couture
Jimmy Bonneau
Tommy Wingels
Melker Karlsson
Rylan Schwartz
Freddie Hamilton
Tyler Kennedy
Matt Nieto

Defense

Jason Demers
Brent Burns
Matt Irwin
Scott Hannan
Taylor Fedun
Gus Young
Taylor Doherty

Goalies

Alex Stalock
J.P. Anderson

So it looks like Thorton is going to be here.

Also, Sharks are reporting the NHL Network is picking up the Shark @ Vancouver 6pm game "in progress" after the TO @ Philly game :P

The Canucks @ Sharks is at 7:30pm. Pray I don't get beat up. Stockton is a rough town although the Sharks fans are pretty snobbish and clueless about any other team.

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
The Canucks @ Sharks is at 7:30pm. Pray I don't get beat up. Stockton is a rough town although the Sharks fans are pretty snobbish and clueless about any other team.

Its no surprise the diaz brothers are from stockton.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Stubhub is hilarious, a lot people trying to sell their lower bowl tickets for a split squad game for $300 each!

Good luck with that, who in their right mind is paying $600 to watch a low level exhibition game!?

Ha ha, 30+ tickets that are going for over $250 each, it's awesome. And yes, they are all club seats but still...

EDIT: Sorry, 30, not 363!

Yeah, so if you see empty seats, I think you'll know why.

Upper bowl should be full though, tons in the $20 range, might even pick up a pair and wander over after work.

Thanks for the tip, just got myself two tickets for $33 buckeroos. Ticketmaster's lowest price was $70. Haha, I'm not paying that.

EDIT: I'm taking my mom. This time she'll know who Burrows is. :)

Last edited:

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
fllnt.gif

Danrik

It is what it is.
Oct 17, 2006
Super Surrey, BC
Headed to the game tomorrow night with my son for his fist game ever. Will probably be our only game this year unless some free tickets fall in our lap.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
its two games. should this be two threads? its kind of confusing to know who's talking about what.

ie. anyone else going to be at the Stockton game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad