Post-Game Talk: [EXHIBITION] Game 4: Goalie Controversy renewed 3-0 Nucks win! Who gets the shutout?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmaster*

My only concern so far is Burrows' production.

For 4.5M he needs to start producing or he may find himself out of a job at the end of the season, that being said I love Burr and think he'll get out of his funk this year, he's too clutch to lose his mojo fully.

I won't worry about anybodies production especially regulars until real games start. Just like I won't have a positive outlook on the pp after seeing us score 3 on the flames ECHL roster.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
I won't worry about anybodies production especially regulars until real games start. Just like I won't have a positive outlook on the pp after seeing us score 3 on the flames ECHL roster.

Yeah, I agree. Way to early think that a problem is solved. Or a vet is no longer capable.

Wasn't that long ago that the Oilers were blowing people away in the pre-season.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Someone actually called Tanev "overrated." Here. On this board. That blows my ****ing mind. The guy could play 24 minutes/game next year and put up 50 points while killing every penalty and the posters here would still dangle him in every trade proposal so we don't have to give up prized players like Niklas Jensen and Jakob Markstrom.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Someone actually called Tanev "overrated." Here. On this board. That blows my ****ing mind. The guy could play 24 minutes/game next year and put up 50 points while killing every penalty and the posters here would still dangle him in every trade proposal so we don't have to give up prized players like Niklas Jensen and Jakob Markstrom.

This is the truth. Along with claims that he's 'too skinny with #5 upside'. People are still stuck in 2011.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
My only concern so far is Burrows' production.

For 4.5M he needs to start producing or he may find himself out of a job at the end of the season, that being said I love Burr and think he'll get out of his funk this year, he's too clutch to lose his mojo fully.

I think this is wishful thinking. He's still a useful player in the way he was a useful player in 2007, but if we're relying on him for any kind of offence I think we are already doomed. Players who go on 50-game goalless slumps don't bounce back to score 30 goals again. I am happy with using him on the PK and on the third line and any goals he scores is a bonus.

But he's one of those guys who -- god damn it seeing him on another team would just feel wrong.

Edit: Holy ***** there is still 2 more years on his contract after this one. Eek.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think Burr is more of the 12-13 Burr than the 13-14 Burr. I think he's much like Higgins as a tweener, the deal breaker is that he has proven chemistry with the Sedins and can be slotted up there if need be.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007

Some people forget, that Tanev is the only hope Edler has any chance for returning to form (barring somehow getting Ehrhoff back). Guys like Ehrhoff are difficult if not impossible to get without overpaying badly in a trade (or in the free agent market by throwing huge dollars at them). While Tanev might not have the offensive abilities of Ehrhoff; he's the best thing we have in the organization (in terms of right side D). Corrado isn't 'ready or prime time' yet.

SopelFan*

Burrows will have a much better year offensively. Last year was a freak and mess of a season. He wont score 30 but he has been excellent for us for a lot of years and was a bargain for many years. Think he deserves a pass for one bad year with multiple freak injuries n its almost like backpaying someone for years of service when he was one of the biggest bargains in the league. He still does a lot of things well and has done so much fot this team. Lets show some loyalty n not ditch him when a young guy scores on an echl calibre team in preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad