Pre-Game Talk: [EXHIBITION] Final Game: Vancouver vs. Edmonton - Sat, Oct 4 - 7:00PM PST - SNET 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Well win or lose one thing is guaranteed...oiler fans will see a completely different game than the one I watch. If I get to watch it (I don't think this one is on in the states)

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I hope Edler/Tanev and Sbisa/Stanton play together and play well again. It would be great if the defensive pairs fit together nicely with everyone healthy.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I hope Edler/Tanev and Sbisa/Stanton play together and play well again. It would be great if the defensive pairs fit together nicely with everyone healthy.

Even better if somebody goes down with injury (as this team seems to always be cursed with injuries). Easier for a guy - if he's already playing well - to adjust to a new defensive partner.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Why they sitting Jensen for last game...... Makes no sense rather sit Dorsett or if they plan on not keeping him just send him down and not keep my hopes.

If he's sitting out the last game and HS being sent down, Horvat being hurt... it probably means Jensen made the team. Question is will he play or if he's the extra forward. Hopefully he's one of the top 9 'cause having him here as a 13th forward doesn't help his development much.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Hopefully we see a little more of these Oilers tomorrow night:

2z7kjm8.jpg

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Now I know why there called the Oilers. They are so easy to slick by.

Anyways now that Richie and Kass are in.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Burrows - Bonino - Kassian
Higgins - Vey - Matthias
Dorsett - Richardson - Hansen

Last edited:

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
Why they sitting Jensen for last game...... Makes no sense rather sit Dorsett or if they plan on not keeping him just send him down and not keep my hopes.

Agreed, it makes sense if you belive that either Willie has decided that he is ready or is not. I think they've determined that they'll give him some of the nine games. if he wasn't they would have sent him with Hunter.

So as far as we know, Vey, Horvat, and Jensen made it to the next round of selections.

SopelFan*

Said it already but I bet when horvats good to go theyll send jensen down.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Agreed, it makes sense if you belive that either Willie has decided that he is ready or is not. I think they've determined that they'll give him some of the nine games. if he wasn't they would have sent him with Hunter.

So as far as we know, Vey, Horvat, and Jensen made it to the next round of selections.

9 games means nothing for Jensen.

WhoseLainesItAnyway

Sep 20, 2014
I don't like the idea of Dorsett on the third line though, that is playing too high up for him in my opinion. Actually that third line kind of just looks like a mess to me. Who on that line is going to bury a pass from Vey?

Vey puts the puck on net, Dorsett and Hansen go to the net looking for rebounds :nod:

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
If he's sitting out the last game and HS being sent down, Horvat being hurt... it probably means Jensen made the team. Question is will he play or if he's the extra forward. Hopefully he's one of the top 9 'cause having him here as a 13th forward doesn't help his development much.

Hope he has made the team, but even if he hasn't yet and is only a posible, his presence puts pressure on the top 9 to preform, and at this stage not a lot is to be gained for him at AHL camp... So they could just keep him as injury cover until the start of the season

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well, last game we saw what the Canucks would be without the Sedins: still better than the Oilers. :laugh:

Though seriously, our lineup is a 1st line, 2 3rd lines and a 4th line.

So much for my Kid Line hope. Oh well.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This thread is gold already. :laugh:

In all seriousness, I hope Kassian focuses on new and exciting ways to aggravate the Oilers rather than going after plugs like Pitlick.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
This thread is gold already. :laugh:

In all seriousness, I hope Kassian focuses on new and exciting ways to aggravate the Oilers rather than going after plugs like Pitlick.

Kassian = Our Marchand
Horvat = Bergeron
Tryamkin = Chara
Sbisa = McQuaid

Mission accomplished Benning! :sarcasm:

I hope Kassian pesters the Oilers to death though cause thats what knocks teams off their game.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Kassian = Our Marchand
Horvat = Bergeron
Tryamkin = Chara
Sbisa = McQuaid

Mission accomplished Benning! :sarcasm:

I hope Kassian pesters the Oilers to death though cause thats what knocks teams off their game.

>Implying kassian is marchand and not lucic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad