Pre-Game Talk: [EXHIBITION] Final Game: Vancouver vs. Edmonton - Sat, Oct 4 - 7:00PM PST - SNET 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
large.png
vs.
large.png

WHEN: Saturday, October 4th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet One
RADIO: TSN 1040

Vancouver Canucks

To Be Announced.

Edmonton Oilers

To Be Announced.

Notes:
- The Canucks have assigned F Hunter Shinkaruk to the Utica Comets (AHL)
- The Canucks have placed F Cal O'Reilly on waivers.

Streams:

http://hockeyreality.com/stream.html
http://nutjob.net/hockey
http://www.ifeed2all.eu/type/ice-hockey.html
http://atdhe.ru/hockey
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/91548-NHL-Today-October-2nd

Fairweather

Apr 28, 2009
Vancouver

I'm more amused that the article writer thinks that the Oilers were penalty killing here :laugh:

They were up 1-0 on the Canucks and killing off a penalty, when they magically turned into a a bunch of 6-year olds who have no concept of defensive positioning. You gotta feel for Dallas Eakins on this one as this is a penalty kill an Atom hockey coach would be embarrassed of.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I'm more amused that the article writer thinks that the Oilers were penalty killing here :laugh:

This must be some new defensive strategy, it's quite popular among people who are horrible at NHL15.

Alright guys, Tyke hockey formation. We will regain the puck with numbers, there's no way the puck will get through us. The **** goalie, stop that.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Hmmm I hope to see this lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Burrows - Vey - Kassian
Higgins - Bonino - Jensen
Dorsett - Matthias - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Stanton - Weber

Miller
Lack

Give Sbisa a night off and let Stanton play with Weber. Lets give Vey some top six minutes and see what he can do with it.

Last edited:

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
@patersonjeff: Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata...Higgins-Bonino-Burrows...Dorsett-Vey-Hansen...Richardson-Matthias-Kassian with Jensen extra skater

No Sestito!!! Hooray!!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
@patersonjeff: Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata...Higgins-Bonino-Burrows...Dorsett-Vey-Hansen...Richardson-Matthias-Kassian with Jensen extra skater

No Sestito!!! Hooray!!

No Bieksa or Horvat, either though. That makes me less happy.

Although with Richardson and Kassian back in, it looks like they'll be ready for the home opener.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013

No Sestito!!! Hooray!!

I don't understand why they don't give Jensen the last game. With this roster, they might as well have just sent him down with Shinkaruk...

I also wouldn't mind if they'd quit sticking Vey with 4th liners and actually have him a chance to play on a line that can produce. What about Kassian, even? Switch Hansen and Kassian and it makes at least a little more sense.

Wang Gretzky

Nov 8, 2013
Why they sitting Jensen for last game...... Makes no sense rather sit Dorsett or if they plan on not keeping him just send him down and not keep my hopes.

Last edited:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
If I remember correctly, that Matthias/Richardson/Kassian line was actually one of our better lines in the second half of last year, if not the best. I think Matthias was playing on the wing then though and Richardson at centre which is what I prefer personally.

I don't like the idea of Dorsett on the third line though, that is playing too high up for him in my opinion. Actually that third line kind of just looks like a mess to me. Who on that line is going to bury a pass from Vey?

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
If I remember correctly, that Matthias/Richardson/Kassian line was actually one of our better lines in the second half of last year, if not the best. I think Matthias was playing on the wing then though and Richardson at centre which is what I prefer personally.

It was Booth on the wing ;)

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
I don't like the idea of Dorsett on the third line though, that is playing too high up for him in my opinion. Actually that third line kind of just looks like a mess to me. Who on that line is going to bury a pass from Vey?

Willie's been doing this kind of thing all preseason. Give the guys a shot with their "expected" linemates, then give them a game of playing with plugs or playing up a slot.

I like the different looks for evaluation purposes.

nucksfan8888

Aug 9, 2006

I would hope it means Jensen has made the team, and the ball is in Dorsetts court to show he can play on that line, other wise he starts in the press box and Jensen gets inserted into that spot.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
I'd have a hard time taking Dorsett off the roster. Matthias would be my pick to sit, but I think he played his way onto the team last night.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I would hope it means Jensen has made the team, and the ball is in Dorsetts court to show he can play on that line, other wise he starts in the press box and Jensen gets inserted into that spot.

Yeah I think that Jensen and Vey could be a good scoring tandem but they would need someone pretty defensively responsible to balance them out. Higgins could probably fill that role pretty well, leaving Burrows/Bonino/Kass as the second line. That bumps Horvat from the team though which I am not a fan of.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Yeah I think that Jensen and Vey could be a good scoring tandem but they would need someone pretty defensively responsible to balance them out. Higgins could probably fill that role pretty well, leaving Burrows/Bonino/Kass as the second line. That bumps Horvat from the team though which I am not a fan of.

Not neccessarely, you can still have a 4th line of Richardson-Horvat-Dorsett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad