Exclusive interview with Andreas Martinsen

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Holos has never played as well as Holden did last year. At least Wilson was a good third pairing guy once, Holos was utterly mediocre even as a third pairing guy, like if Benoit had had hair.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If I am choosing between Elliott and Holos for the last spot, I'd actually choose Holos. Time to move on from Elliott... but I don't think either should really be back with the Avs. The Avs need to find upgrades, not more of the same.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Holos has never played as well as Holden did last year. At least Wilson was a good third pairing guy once, Holos was utterly mediocre even as a third pairing guy, like if Benoit had had hair.

Holos hasn't played in the NHL since he was 23. He'll be 28 going into next season. we all know d-men take longer to develop. The player he was then is not the player he is now. So unless you were watching Vaxjo and Lokomotiv games on a regular basis, you're comparing apples and oranges. I've watched him the KHL and he's been pretty good. He always shines when putting on the Norway jersey. And from what I recall he was actually OK in that brief stint with he Avs, even though the team was atrocious.

I am almost sure Holos would be better than Holden, Guenin, Elliot, Wilson and even Redmond. Is he a world-beater? No. Is he an upgrade over what we have? Yes. It does bothers me that he didn't want to put the time in the minors when he was in NA. I don't blame him for not wanting to do it now at his age.

The Avs need to upgrade their bottom pairing and he would be a cheap and still relatively young option (because I doubt they'll want to rush Bigras or Geertsen). I'd rather get Holos for 700k then pay a fortune for a guy like Cody Franson who was terrible down the stretch. UFA crop for depth dmen is pretty bad this year.

UFA-Johnson
Redmond-Barrie
Holos-Stuart
Holden
Siemens/Guenin

Obviously that's still not great but would still be better than what we were trotting out last season.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
What I recall from Holos was that there were a number of posters who didn't feel he had the "fairest" of shakes with the team initially. And then he got that concussion and just didn't seem to be the same player for the rest of the year. None of us were really surprised he left after that year.

Could he be better now? I guess, but I'm not saying it's extremely likely. I do think he'd be a better player than, at the very least, Guenin on the ice...but that's not saying much because Guenin is pretty bad.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I think he had at least the potential to be a bottom pairing guy and who knows what the hell was going on with Sacco and our absentee management in that off season.

At least it sounds like he didn't try and dissuade Andreas from signing here.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Eurolanche reveals: There is a talking between #Avs and Holos' agent, but nothing concrete is on a table. Jonas accepts only 1-way deal.

Full interview with Holos will be published at Eurolanche.com and also here this week.

Nice! Well hopefully they are able to get something hammered out. Good work once again!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Holos hasn't played in the NHL since he was 23. He'll be 28 going into next season. we all know d-men take longer to develop. The player he was then is not the player he is now. So unless you were watching Vaxjo and Lokomotiv games on a regular basis, you're comparing apples and oranges. I've watched him the KHL and he's been pretty good. He always shines when putting on the Norway jersey. And from what I recall he was actually OK in that brief stint with he Avs, even though the team was atrocious.

I am almost sure Holos would be better than Holden, Guenin, Elliot, Wilson and even Redmond. Is he a world-beater? No. Is he an upgrade over what we have? Yes. It does bothers me that he didn't want to put the time in the minors when he was in NA. I don't blame him for not wanting to do it now at his age.

The Avs need to upgrade their bottom pairing and he would be a cheap and still relatively young option (because I doubt they'll want to rush Bigras or Geertsen). I'd rather get Holos for 700k then pay a fortune for a guy like Cody Franson who was terrible down the stretch. UFA crop for depth dmen is pretty bad this year.

UFA-Johnson
Redmond-Barrie
Holos-Stuart
Holden
Siemens/Guenin

Obviously that's still not great but would still be better than what we were trotting out last season.

Are you? Cause I'm not sure of it at all. He may be better than Guenin, Elliott, Wilson or Redmond, but none of them should play in the NHL. I have big doubts he'd be any better than Holden, a mediocre third pairing guy. I'd much rather bring hejda back for another year than Holos.

UFA-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
Holden-Stuart
Redmond/Guenin/(Siemens/Bigras if a longer term injury happens in the top 6 where they'd get more than just one game.)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Eurolanche reveals: There is a talking between #Avs and Holos' agent, but nothing concrete is on a table. Jonas accepts only 1-way deal.

Full interview with Holos will be published at Eurolanche.com and also here this week.

Don't chicken out on hair product questions this time.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Are you? Cause I'm not sure of it at all. He may be better than Guenin, Elliott, Wilson or Redmond, but none of them should play in the NHL. I have big doubts he'd be any better than Holden, a mediocre third pairing guy. I'd much rather bring hejda back for another year than Holos.

Roy did want to get bigger and stronger and while not big Holos is supposed to be strong as a bull.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad