(Ex) Wings at the Olympics

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
One thing I was wondering since technically "Russia" did not win. Did Pavel now complete the triple gold club?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
One thing I was wondering since technically "Russia" did not win. Did Pavel now complete the triple gold club?
He was still on a team that won the gold, so yes.

Datsyuk said the Olympic gold meant more than his two Cup wins with the Wings.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
It was a cheap call for OT in the gold medal game but he was accidentally clipped (barely) in the face with a high stick, Pav continued on as if nothing happened. It didn't affect him in the least as he completed a pass right after it happened. I think even he was surprised with the call.

One of the things I loved about Pavel is that he was too busy trying to make plays to "act" for the ref.
Such a competitor.
Glad to see him not only win, but win as a captain.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Germany already beat Sweden and Canada and if they beat Russia i am not going to surprise , very strong physically team , can skate. Bring this team hear and sure they will compete for Stanly Cup. They have 22 years undrafted Dominic Kahun , very slick

With character. Exactly the team what Red Wings are trying to be in future.

Congrats to Datsyuk and rest of the team Russia, but even congratulations to team Germany. What story it was and the gold medal was only 56 seconds away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad