Ex-NHLer Mike Comrie accused of rape | Mod warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
MOD

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/02/1...ex-husband-mike-comrie-accused-of-rape-report

Note from mod.

Please keep in mind that Comrie has not been tried in a court of law. Indeed, he has not been charged with a crime yet.

Also, please keep in mind our libel rules.

13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

A reminder that this is not a thread to discuss the broader topics of rape or other social issues. Stick to the topic at hand which is this situation, which so far is just an investigation wherein Comrie hasn't even been contacted by police.

We will also not tolerate "gold digger" type posts so don't make them. Both sides are innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited by a moderator:

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
What a terrible article. A woman was allegedly raped, but let's talk about Hillary Duff dating her trainer

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
Isn't this guy married to Hillary Duff?

A quick google search tells me that like exactly a year ago they divorced in a nasty split that had Duff accusing Comrie of being an out of control partier and Duff wanted full custody of the kids

Fondue

Apr 25, 2007
Brooklyn
Just read the article on Puck Daddy. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mike-comrie-under-lapd-rape-investigation-tmz-142111117.html

Apparently this happened during a 3-way and the other girl didn't come forward about anything yet. Additionally, he's known this woman he "raped" for a long time now.

I'm not going to crucify someone without knowing all the facts. Would hate this to turn out to be another Patrick Kane situation.

Let's see how this plays out...

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
After the Patrick Kane incident, I don't trust the first reports, although in this case it does sound like he admits to the sexual activity.

If I was an athlete, I would make sure I had a lawyer on speed dial for the possibility of incidents like this.

If i was an celebrity i would have a lawyer as part of my body guards lol.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He's got a lot of money. Accusations happen. I'll wait for the investigation before I form an opinion from the tabloids.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
This is one of those times when you sit back and don't pick sides at all.

Let it all play out in court or at least wait for all the so called facts to surface. It's too easy to pick a side and use past cases to make a point. But in reality, none of us where there and we know next to nothing.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
This is absolutely nothing to brush aside, and if found guilty, he should be sent away for a long, long time.

However, he is innocent until proven guilty, and right now these are only accusations.

You can't brush it under the rug but you also can't act as if he's been found guilty already.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Just read the article on Puck Daddy. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mike-comrie-under-lapd-rape-investigation-tmz-142111117.html

Apparently this happened during a 3-way and the other girl didn't come forward about anything yet. Additionally, he's known this woman he "raped" for a long time now.

I'm not going to crucify someone without knowing all the facts. Would hate this to turn out to be another Patrick Kane situation.

That's actually pretty common

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sources connected to the 36-year-old former athlete claim the woman, who Mike has allegedly known for a long time, had given her full consent to sex. They also allege there was another woman present during their sexual encounter and she has not filed a complaint.

If true, then there was a witness to the alleged rape, so the facts should all come out shortly and it hopefully won't just be he said/she said.

People ******** on the alleged victim or on Comrie on 5 seconds after reading this are what's wrong with society today.

Don't wait for any facts, just jump to conclusions and be as loud and obnoxious about it as you can on whatever social platform you can.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If true, then there was a witness to the alleged rape, so the facts should all come out shortly and it hopefully won't just be he said/she said.

People ******** on the alleged victim or on Comrie on 5 seconds after reading this are what's wrong with society today.

Don't wait for any facts, just jump to conclusions and be as loud and obnoxious about it as you can on whatever social platform you can.

.....That's exactly what you're doing right now though...

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Interesting case. Probably be completely dependent on the 2nd women's answers.

Wouldn't she be guilty too? Or did he allegedly rape both of them?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Sources connected to the 36-year-old former athlete claim the woman, who Mike has allegedly known for a long time, had given her full consent to sex. They also allege there was another woman present during their sexual encounter and she has not filed a complaint.

That part of the article makes the allegations sound questionable.

When was the last time an NHLer (current or former), was accused of rape and actually convicted?

The last two allegations I remember were Doughty and Kane.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Lets wait to see the facts before we either a) skewer Comrie or b) says its a false report.

If its real and he did it? Throw the book at the piece of ****.
If its not? Shame on that woman.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

They always select the best pics for these kinds of stories....

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Lets wait to see the facts before we either a) skewer Comrie or b) says its a false report.

If its real and he did it? Throw the book at the piece of ****.
If its not? Shame on that woman.

There was a case in Quebec where a women made a few claims of rape they turned out to be 100% false in the end she got charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad