Condolences to his family and friends.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Tough as nails coach.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Last edited:

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Used to see him once in a while scouting St. Catharines Saints games when I was a gaffer. There was always an extra buzz in the building (or at least in my young mind) whenever the Leaf's coach was in attendance.

Prayers for the family.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Old school coach that wore the game on his sleeve. At times you would think his head would explode. I'm almost sure I've seen steam coming out of his ears. Condolences to the family.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Very sad... Condolences to all his friends and family...

John Brophy teaches Leafs to play tough

TOR/DET Rivalry: Demers, Brophy Rivalry - 1987 Playoff Game

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
I mowed John's lawn for a couple summers while I was in high school. He was in bad health even then(nearly 10 years ago) but was always a gentleman. I know he left many friends and family behind and the entire hockey community back in Antigonish are going to miss him a lot.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Dang, he's a blast from my past. The coach of the leafs during the time that I began following them. Now this rink is a memorial to his life and not just his tenure as Leafs' coach.

brophy.jpg

HockeyNightInBelfast

HockeyNightInBelfast
Mar 28, 2011
Belfast
www.facebook.com
Surprised not more have weighed in on his passing.

Guess it shows the "youthfulness" of this board's population & I'm not even a geezer.

Broph livened up what was a traditionally dung period for the Leafs, coaching Wendel during his formative years amongst others.

What a legend. Made you proud to be a Leafs fan for a change. :handclap:

I remember him vividly as there was very little else of note to remember unless yer fans of the Daniel Marois/Normand Aubin & Frank Nigro eras...

RIP Broph - may all yer PIM's be majors & yer stick infractions be overlooked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad