GDT: Ex-Hawks at Hawks: Lose and You're Fired!

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I think the biggest problem is that most of them have taken a step back compared to last season, only one who has progressed is Hanifin, but also nothing major. Slavin, Pesce are not like they were last season, Faulk has been majorly bad. Fleury is a rookie, he has been okey, and TVR has been solid enough for 3rd pair, dunno how he was last season.
They certainly don't look like the group from the end of last season, that's for sure.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
They certainly don't look like the group from the end of last season, that's for sure.
For me biggest disappointment has been Slavin, he was very dominant and all over the ice almost whole last season. It transferred over to start of this season as well, but then starting from November he has been very inconsistent (still our best d guy most of the nights). For some games we can see old Slavin back, but it's not often enough.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
For me biggest disappointment has been Slavin, he was very dominant and all over the ice almost whole last season. It transferred over to start of this season as well, but then starting from November he has been very inconsistent (still our best d guy most of the nights). For some games we can see old Slavin back, but it's not often enough.
Yeah I thought Slavin would take another step forward offensively, but not only has he not done that, he seems to be struggling defensively at times as well. Hopefully it's just growing pains. But I'm still not worried about him becoming the next Rask yet.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Shutting it down for the night after that period.

A competent team would probably be up 2-0 right now (no Darling, plus how about scoring on a 3-on-0 break? Or at least a shot on net?), and they've already scored the one goal they're allotted against an AHL goalie. How can a team that supposedly bases it's game on transition and team speed just look so slow? Is it lack of confidence right now? There's just no flow, no pace, and absolutely zero physicality to their game.

Sweet dreams everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad