Rathbone - Burroughs

Demko
Martin

Reactions: wonton15

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Not that I'm disliking it, but is Lazar, Aman and Joshua our fourth line now?

I think there's a good chance, to be honest. Aman has been better than Dickinson, IMO.

EDIT: There would obviously be trickle down effects when Boeser and Mikheyev are healthy and able to play - but at least to start, I can see Aman making the team as the fourth line C. His mobility is strong.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
It would be quite a sight if Dickinson is actually put on waivers and at least papered down

Reactions: quat

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It would be quite a sight if Dickinson is actually put on waivers and at least papered down

In his, and Dhaliwal's, Athletic article today, Drance alluded to this. Basically Poolman and/or Dickinson could be the ones to be waived. However, he mentioned that whoever is waived is most likely a paper transaction. I assumed he meant Joshua or any of the waiver-exempt guys but he clarified that he was indirectly referencing Dickinson and Poolman.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006

Hopefully the same situation as Miller the other day. Just gets the game off, OEL takes his spot on PP1, Rathbone on PP2.

Since Myers is still hurt or sick, for tonight, run with:
OEL - Poolman
Rathbone - Schenn
Wolanin - Burroughs

Reactions: wonton15

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Sounds like Hughes will get the night off. Not a bad thing as Wolanin gets a shot. Hope this is the kiss of death for Poolman too but I doubt it.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I think there's a good chance, to be honest. Aman has been better than Dickinson, IMO.

EDIT: There would obviously be trickle down effects when Boeser and Mikheyev are healthy and able to play - but at least to start, I can see Aman making the team as the fourth line C. His mobility is strong.

Not that the team is ready to do this just yet, but if they sent down Dickinson at some point in order to keep Aman, they save approx 350-400k on the cap in doing so.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Boeser is pushing to be there on the opening night, Mikeheyev will be playing the first week of regular season, latest by the weekend.

I expect Karlsson and Aman to be sent down as soon as those two are back in.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Myers out 2-4 weeks. Might open the door for Poolman and Wolanin to stick around.

Hughes - Schenn
OEL - Wolanin/Poolman/Dermott
Rathbone - Burroughs
Wolanin/Poolman/Dermott

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Can someone tell me why this wouldn't be televised? I see Baseball is slated to be on 5 SN channels, WWE on SN 360 and SN Vancouver as usual...showing an offline screen.

I wouldn't mind if we got a decent stream but anything streamed on Canucks.com the last few years has sucked.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Can someone tell me why this wouldn't be televised? I see Baseball is slated to be on 5 SN channels, WWE on SN 360 and SN Vancouver as usual...showing an offline screen.

I wouldn't mind if we got a decent stream but anything streamed on Canucks.com the last few years has sucked.

I found the stream last game to be quite acceptable, but I agree, running dupes on five SN channels and not even one dedicated to the Canucks game is infuriating, particularly when it's the final preseason game and we're getting a better look at the team going into the regular season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

It's absolutely ridiculous. This is 2022.

I have plans tonight so I'm going to miss the game when it's on and there probably won't be a way to watch the stream later, either. Incredibly annoying.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Myers out 2-4 weeks. Might open the door for Poolman and Wolanin to stick around.

Hughes - Schenn
OEL - Wolanin/Poolman/Dermott
Rathbone - Burroughs
Wolanin/Poolman/Dermott
Well with Myers out going into the regular season we will find out very quickly if any of Poolman, Wolanin, Dermott, or Burroughs can play alongside OEL or Hughes in a top 4 role. I don't have high hopes but I'm ok with the forced trial runs this season.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
A regular season game on the same day as exhibition games is just so bush league.
Kind of a big deal NHL regular season sold out opener in Prague with hometown Hertl, not televised.

Same day Canucks final preseason home game near full roster 7pm prime time start, not televised.

And then a full weekend, 3 day break with no reg season games until Tuesday and then only 2 games?!?!

Why do I pay for 12 sports channels?

Ridiculously bush league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad