Evgenii Dadonov potential?

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Last year he had 65 points in 74 games in Florida which I think is safe to say that’s pretty darn good. Do the numbers actually indicate the player or was it more of luck & playing with Barkov?
I’ve watched a few games and thought he was pretty dynamic but that was just a few games. What do people think about his potential? Is he more of a 50 pt guy or is he actually a 70+ point player?

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
With Barkov he could hit 70 points. He's fast, he's skilled, he's an opportunistic scorer... He doesn't drive his line but he's the perfect complimentary player.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
one of the more surprising elements of his game was how strong he is defensively, which is a perfect compliment to barkov. there are some players that just take a while to reach peak upside. one of the cooler things about the current iteration of the nhl is that unlike 10-15 years ago, playing in the nhl isn't a thing that players try to achieve once and then resign themselves to playing in europe for the rest of their career. european leagues are achieving a lot developmentally while providing a higher baseline salary than players can make in minor pro. the system is starting to identify impact players and to their credit, european scouts have gained some traction in convincing nhl gm's to take these kind of chances.

as it pertains to dadonov, he should be a pretty consistent 60 point winger. he's incredibly skilled and he's being deployed to his advantages.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I think we just saw his potential last season. It's not like he's a young guy who is still early on his development curve. He's almost 30. He got a lot of ice time last season, more than his last year in Russia, and was deployed to his strengths. He played with Barkov and Bjugstad. So it's not like he's about to get a bigger/better opportunity in the future.

We just saw what he can do. He might do a bit better, or he might do a bit worse. But, in my opinion, he just hit his "potential" last season.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
I don't think it is a fluke. I expect some regression, but not much. Expect 60+ points.

His assist last night was a really nice move followed by perfect pass.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Wasn't he an ES monster? Or am I not remembering correctly.

Either way I picked him up in fantasy in hopes he can replicate it.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I think we just saw his potential last season. It's not like he's a young guy who is still early on his development curve. He's almost 30. He got a lot of ice time last season, more than his last year in Russia, and was deployed to his strengths. He played with Barkov and Bjugstad. So it's not like he's about to get a bigger/better opportunity in the future.

We just saw what he can do. He might do a bit better, or he might do a bit worse. But, in my opinion, he just hit his "potential" last season.
I think he will get a bit more points if he doesn't get injured again / barkov doesn't . It seemed like he came back a bit early last year and didn't pick up his scoring pace for a couple weeks after he came back

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
He out-scored Barkov when on the ice together at 5v5 -IIRC 44 to 42- so he's not a leech. In his prime now though, so don't expect a Panarin-like jump in his numbers.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He's very good in almost everything in hockey: skating, stickhandling, shooting, passing. Not great, but very good. There is that sophomore curse, but it's technically not gonna be his 2nd NHL season. And he's in his prime. He looked very good at WHC as well, where he drove his own line. I think, this new season will be even better for him, but who knows - a single injury can destroy everything.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
One of the best 5 on 5 forwards last season, if he figures it out on the power play he'll definately rack up some points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad