Value of: Evgenii Dadonov as a UFA

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Hope he doesn’t make it to FA and we can somehow keep him AND Hoffman. Don’t care how, not my job, both are just terrific out there and I want them to stay!

Reactions: harv33173

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Probably stays in Florida for under 6M per. Probably a similar deal to what Eberle got.

Reactions: harv33173

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If the Avs strike out on Hall I hope they go after Dads pretty hard.

4 years at 8M or 5 years at 7M. Chance to play for a contender and a high offensive team should go a long way towards luring him here.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Dadonov will be 31 at the end of this season...

With players/agents thinking so differently on contracts these last few years, I'm not sure what he'd want. It used to be a player in his position would consider a deal that allowed him to get another pre-35 contract. That would mean a 3 deal this summer.

Pavelski's deal with Dallas is 3x7. Granted Joe is 35, but this could be a place to start. Perhaps 3x8?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Bidding starts at 4 x 7 and goes up from there depending on his season. Put up another 60-70 points and it the number probably starts with an 8 and/or the length starts with 5.

It’s cute how people at this time of the year think that somehow they are going to get a “good value” on an UFA. If the contract you are thinking about giving a player like Dadonov doesn’t at least make you a tick uncomfortable or give you pause, you aren’t being realistic.

To put it another way - he’s very likely to have another 65 type point season. How many wingers will he available this off season with three straight 65+ point seasons? And 31? That’s pretty young for a top line UFA.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
Based on the current cap ceiling, the Panthers have 17m in cap space this coming offseason. But obviously they want to retain Dads and Hoffman plus will need to sign Weegar to a new contract (though he's arbitration eligible) and likely only really lose Pysyk's cap hit of 2.733M. I cant see how the Panthers can retain both Hoffman and Dadonov and its likely one or the other. I would say if the Panthers were smart, they re-sign Dadonov even if he's 1 yr older. His numbers have primarily come at even strength compared to Hoffman and I could see more competition for Hoffman as a UFA.

One consideration for many teams WRT Dadonov is the Seattle Expansion. If a team is willing to give him a NMC and require protecting him, that would be a big factor I'm sure for where he ends up (he currently has a NMC with FL).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad