Evgeni Malkin to miss at least the first 2 months of the season

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
It's gonna be really interesting to see what Malkin chooses to do next summer. I think he will want to re-sign with the Pens, and that they'll want to allow him to finish his career in Pittsburgh, but I don't know how much more his body is going to be able to take as he gets into his mid-thirties. If the Pens don't feel comfortable committing a respectable amount of money and term to him...who knows?

Who were better?

Arguably Carter, although I don't think I'd necessarily agree.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
It's gonna be really interesting to see what Malkin chooses to do next summer. I think he will want to re-sign with the Pens, and that they'll want to allow him to finish his career in Pittsburgh, but I don't know how much more his body is going to be able to take as he gets into his mid-thirties. If the Pens don't feel comfortable committing a respectable amount of money and term to him...who knows?

Fair enough.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Malkin is already one of the all-time greats. Would have been interesting to see how many more awards and points he would’ve had over his career if not for the frequent injury problems he’s had to deal with.

Reactions: sanscosm

Richard

Feb 8, 2012

He's gonna resign for a lesser cap value for two years.

Letang on the other hand..... is going to be different.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I guess the impact depends on Jeff Carter. I haven't seen alot of him in recent years but he's no spring chicken either. Thjs probably elevates his role while Malkin is out

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I guess the impact depends on Jeff Carter. I haven't seen alot of him in recent years but he's no spring chicken either. Thjs probably elevates his role while Malkin is out

Carter was insanely good for the Pens last year - like, unsustainably good. His shooting percentage was astronomical. There's no way he's gonna be scoring like that this year in any role, at least not for an extended period of time. But if Crosby comes back on time and Carter can at least be decent on l2, I think the Pens can at least stay in the playoff picture in Geno's absence.

He's gonna resign for a lesser cap value for two years.

I think something around 7 mil (7.1?) for 3 years would be ideal, at least from a marketing perspective, because it would set the stage for him and Sid to retire together after the 2026 season. Then again, Sid may want to keep playing, so who knows.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad