Friedman: Evgeni Dadonov close to signing with an Eastern Conference team

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
Man Dadonov is so overrated, people expect him to be the next Panarin/Radulov.. he's nowhere close to being on that level. Gusev is the player that people should be waiting for.

So you have watched lot of KHL games? Dadonov - Shipa - Gusev line has been one of most entertained lines ever, and Dadonov is big part of that line. Dadonov can fly past defenders, has filthy hands and deadly shot. All he need's is right environment. He's not great defensively, but there is such of great tools that right environment and coach Dadonov could be deadly addition for some team.

I'm disappointed these reports that he's not going to Vegas with his buddy Shipachyov. If i think 2 teams from east that Dadonov has on his list i would guess; Habs, Florida.

Why Habs? Last year they landed Radulov, and look's like they lose him because he is asking too much money. Dadonov could replace and eaven outproduce Radulov, still those players are not same type of players. Radulov is much more physical and he has other elements in his games than just produce points. Is Habs right enviroment for Dadonov? I'm little concerned about that...

Florida; There is former connection between Dadonov and Panthers. Now Panthers lost two wingers to Vegas. I think Florida is front-runner to land Dadonov for that reason.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So you have watched lot of KHL games? Dadonov - Shipa - Gusev line has been one of most entertained lines ever, and Dadonov is big part of that line. Dadonov can fly past defenders, has filthy hands and deadly shot. All he need's is right environment. He's not great defensively, but there is such of great tools that right environment and coach Dadonov could be deadly addition for some team.

I'm disappointed these reports that he's not going to Vegas with his buddy Shipachyov. If i think 2 teams from east that Dadonov has on his list i would guess; Habs, Florida.

Why Habs? Last year they landed Radulov, and look's like they lose him because he is asking too much money. Dadonov could replace and eaven outproduce Radulov, still those players are not same type of players. Radulov is much more physical and he has other elements in his games than just produce points. Is Habs right enviroment for Dadonov? I'm little concerned about that...

Florida; There is former connection between Dadonov and Panthers. Now Panthers lost two wingers to Vegas. I think Florida is front-runner to land Dadonov for that reason.

Barkov could be a beauty of a C for him.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
Barkov could be a beauty of a C for him.
I dunno, I'm guessing if they resign Jagr (which they are rumored to be negotiating wit him), he'd be on Barkov's wing again along with Huberdeau. Plus I would think that Dadonov is pretty fast that he would fit better on Trocheck's wing (also no slouch from a defensive standpoint).

Besides putting Dadonov against top lines in the NHL probably wouldnt be a good idea right away if you ask me. Facing 2nd liners would be smarter as he likely wouldnt have to play as much defensively against top scorers. Again, gotta put him in the right spot to succeed and that likely is on the 2nd line to start off with. Florida is one of the few teams in the East that can guarantee him that right away.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Any chance he ends up in Columbus to play with Panarin and Bobrovsky? Jackets could be landing Kovalchuk to, so that could help entice him.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki

This is just my opinion but i feel like Dadonov could have some problems in the smaller rink, based on what i've seen from him in international tournaments. Also heard that by some of the Russian posters here who watch KHL regularly.

There's no doubt he's got great offensive instincts, but the NHL game is less about tic tac toes and more about 1 on 1 battles in tight spaces. Not to mention his flaws in defensive side of things.

He's not better than Radulov that's for sure. And like you talked about the right environment, it's tough to say what that would be in the NHL.

To me there's a real possibility he's more like Gagner than Panarin in the NHL. He's not as dynamic as Panarin in tight spaces, and definitely not the same type of gamebreaking tools for the NHL game.

Last edited:

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
Any chance he ends up in Columbus to play with Panarin and Bobrovsky? Jackets could be landing Kovalchuk to, so that could help entice him.

They just bought out Hartnell despite protecting him, so it points to something imminent there. Makes sense.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
They just bought out Hartnell despite protecting him, so it points to something imminent there. Makes sense.

Panarin - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand

Foligno - Dubinsky - Atkinson

Jenner - PLD - Dadonov

Milano - Sedlak - Anderson

You could roll those top 3 lines in any order and you could easily move Anderson up or down on any of those top lines.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
I think Columbus is a very good fit. I think getting one of Dadonov/Kovalchook will inevitably attract the other.

They were teammates in the KHL, after all.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I think Columbus is a very good fit. I think getting one of Dadonov/Kovalchook will inevitably attract the other.

They were teammates in the KHL, after all.

Funny you should say that. Florida has the cap space to add both and give them both top 6 minutes since we have 3 holes on the top 6 wing slots! So if they still want to be teammates and play significant minutes that's the place to go.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Panarin - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand

Foligno - Dubinsky - Atkinson

Jenner - PLD - Dadonov

Milano - Sedlak - Anderson

You could roll those top 3 lines in any order and you could easily move Anderson up or down on any of those top lines.

We can offer Dadonov 1st or 2nd line duties in Buffalo and have the cap to afford him...if you are penciling him on the third, think you should give up on him already.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Man Dadonov is so overrated, people expect him to be the next Panarin/Radulov.. he's nowhere close to being on that level. Gusev is the player that people should be waiting for.

I agree that Gusev is better, but Dadonov is a good player.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We can offer Dadonov 1st or 2nd line duties in Buffalo and have the cap to afford him...if you are penciling him on the third, think you should give up on him already.

Columbus doesn't roll the traditional 4 lines and who knows how the lines would even be put together. For all we know he could have him on the first with Wennberg and Panarin for all out scoring.

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
There's no doubt he's got great offensive instincts, but the NHL game is less about tic tac toes and more about 1 on 1 battles in tight spaces. Not to mention his flaws in defensive side of things.

I think Dadonov can do more than tic tac toes. But yeah, one of biggest concerns is how his style will translate to NHL. Dadonov speed kills defenders and he's quite good to protect puck, but some red flags also. Worth of the gamble for sure.

He's not better than Radulov that's for sure. And like you talked about the right environment, it's tough to say what that would be in the NHL.

I think right environment is something like Chicago and Coach Q did with Artemi. More OZ starts and let him be what he is. He is not great in D-zone so do not assume he's good there. Comparing with Radulov is stupid, they are different type of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad