OT: Everything COVID19 - PART 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Mod edit; We've been asked by the admins to start phasing out the team board covid threads. Going forward, only topics of local interest should be discussed here.

Local interest refers to what's going on in your community.

Posts about causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention are no longer allowed unless there is a local component. Otherwise they belong in main board thread
COVID 19 - The Coronavirus Outbreak

** NO POLITICAL RANTING **

-------
Sources of local and reliable information

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Ontario
Daily COVID-19 Dashboard

Stay home – save lives and don’t put others at risk.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The wishful thinking's nice, V26... better to live in hope than to die in despair. ;)

but jfc is it looking bleak right now.

No man, it's looking up

Most of the vulnerable vaccinated in less than 3 months

Hockey starting next week

Its been a mild winter

And i can't go to the pub so I'll be flush for golf season

Sens

Jan 7, 2016

“We’re out of vaccine @UHN on Friday and have 3000 people booked per day Sat, Sun, Monday. Urgently need vaccine,”

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
No man, it's looking up

Most of the vulnerable vaccinated in less than 3 months

Hockey starting next week

Its been a mild winter

And i can't go to the pub so I'll be flush for golf season

For me the great thing about drinking in the golf off season is it helps me forget the previous golf season....

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Rick Hillier said they can do 30K vaccines a day and Ontario is only getting 10K

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
What's your point? That you can do vaccination logistics better? How?

Trudeau Has done a terrible job securing vaccines for Canada

USA has millions and we struggle for scraps

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Dr. Jennifer Kwan does a good job of posting real data on her twitter feed, and yesterday she's started tracking a forecast for when we get to herd immunity in Ontario based on vaccination rates:

EDITED OUT LINK

A few weeks from now this will be very interesting data and a good thing to look at regularly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peptic Balcers

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dr. Jennifer Kwan does a good job of posting real data on her twitter feed, and yesterday she's started tracking a forecast for when we get to herd immunity in Ontario based on vaccination rates:

It currently shows 2026 (!!!), but of course the ramp up in vaccination rates is just starting -- the column titled "Daily Vaccinations (7 day average)" is key.

A few weeks from now this will be very interesting data and a good thing to look at regularly.

The projection to herd immunity is freaking useless and borderlines on disinformation (i know thats not the inent here). Would be better to not post it at all imo as bad faith actors will take it and run with it.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Palm Beach County will supposedly be vaccinating gen pop in Spring 2020.

I'm really hoping that Biden nationalizes the shit out of this process. Private industry should be pumping out vaccines and equipment 24/7 and the National Guard should be handling delivery/administration.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Ford just had a press conference begging for more vaccines

Trudeau has done an abysmal job

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
The projection to herd immunity is freaking useless and borderlines on disinformation (i know thats not the inent here). Would be better to not post it at all imo as bad faith actors will take it and run with it.
It's useless at the moment, but when the 7 day average vaccination rate stabilizes and hits its peak it will become relevant.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

It currently shows 2026 (!!!), but of course the ramp up in vaccination rates is just starting -- the column titled "Daily Vaccinations (7 day average)" is key.

It’s encouraging to see the daily vaccination rate increasing

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is what Ford wants you to believe. Ontario still has 50% of its total received vaccines in freezers.

I mean, in theory those are needed for 2nd doses, but presumably they can assume more are coming and use them for first doses, i would think there's a delivery schedule for planing purposes that we don't have access to.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So earlier it seemed like our hospital was holding back vaccines for peoples 2nd dose. Now they are vaccinating as many people as possible and were told to trust the supply chain.

Im guessing this is straight from Ford's government so they can up the daily numbers

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
So earlier it seemed like our hospital was holding back vaccines for peoples 2nd dose. Now they are vaccinating as many people as possible and were told to trust the supply chain.

Im guessing this is straight from Ford's government so they can up the daily numbers

It makes sense to fill as many arms as possible now. If you can trust the supply line, it’s better to protect more people now. There is some immunity after 2 weeks (still requires 2nd dose for peak efficacy). So since it’s being administered to people most likely to die, or to be caring for someone with covid, it makes sense to give as many people the 1st dose as possible.

(so I don’t think its government optics driven)

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It makes sense to fill as many arms as possible now. If you can trust the supply line, it’s better to protect more people now. There is some immunity after 2 weeks (still requires 2nd dose for peak efficacy). So since it’s being administered to people most likely to die, or to be caring for someone with covid, it makes sense to give as many people the 1st dose as possible.

(so I don’t think its government optics driven)
ya for sure if the supply line Is good then this makes sense. I don't have enough information about the supply line to know. Hopefully though they don't miss the 21 day window for the next shot then its a different story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad