Every team's draft needs?

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Canucks need a PWF (or just a prospect with size) or a forward with high-end, dynamic skill. Somebody like McNeill, Jaskin, Puempel, Jurco, Khokhlachev, etc.

We don't have any #1 or #2 defensive prospects in the system, but plenty of #3 and #4 types (Tanev, Sauve, Parent, Connauton, etc.), so I think forwards are a bigger need especially because they're far more likely to contribute while still signed to an ELC.

With that said, Gillis seems to be a guy that will always go for BPA so if a good D falls to our pick, GMMG will pick them.

hdtrax

I'll clarify my position on Colorado and LA.

I think Stastny is in fact on the block. If he's dealt, it'll be to go for a big-time winger with upside or a high-end goaltender.

As for LA, the center depth was based on the assumption that a few of the players you've listed will move to the wings, particularly the left side if needed.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
San Jose - strong defensive d-man; grinder with knack for going to the net.

Sharks need high-scoring wingers. We're good down the middle and have plenty of young D-men, unless some insane talent is there. We have no high-end talent on the wings, especially left wing.

Menwithouthat tricks

Dec 25, 2002
Visit site
Isles need defense more than offense. That's why most Islander fans want Hamilton, Larsson, or Murphy at the draft. None of us would be upset if we drafted Couturier, Huberdeau or Strome, though.

The Isles need big and/or physical defensemen - they have adequate defensive prospects otherwise (de Hann, Donovan, Katic, Ness). Therefore, I would move Murphy out of the first category of wants and into the second group of "not upset" with's.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Canucks need a PWF (or just a prospect with size) or a forward with high-end, dynamic skill. Somebody like McNeill, Jaskin, Puempel, Jurco, Khokhlachev, etc.

We don't have any #1 or #2 defensive prospects in the system, but plenty of #3 and #4 types (Tanev, Sauve, Parent, Connauton, etc.), so I think forwards are a bigger need especially because they're far more likely to contribute while still signed to an ELC.

With that said, Gillis seems to be a guy that will always go for BPA so if a good D falls to our pick, GMMG will pick them.

sums it up pretty nicely. a forward (especially one who can thrive on the wing) with a good size + skill package would be ideal. be that a playmaker or a powerforward. i'd say at least decent skating ability is probably also a factor there.

and the defensive comment is bang on as well. a glut of 2nd pairing type guys in the system, so the real need there is for a potential top-pairing type guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad