Waived: Everberg placed on waivers

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Man, so many people coming out of the woodwork to bash this kid. His play dropped off this year, either due to slow recovery, preseason injury, lack of skill, whatever. But he showed last year that he has the potential to be a solid 4th liner, and maybe more if he can develop his scoring touch.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Everberg played a very smart game last year. It is the type of game that should translate well to a lower line role. He played his body a lot as well. I hope he clears and gets his confidence back in SA.

Why are Mac and other hot shots allowed sophomore slumps, but Holden and Everberg aren't?

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
Man, so many people coming out of the woodwork to bash this kid. His play dropped off this year, either due to slow recovery, preseason injury, lack of skill, whatever. But he showed last year that he has the potential to be a solid 4th liner, and maybe more if he can develop his scoring touch.

He sucked last year as well

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Yep. Lots of people are proud to have been right. They never though he would get the points, and they just don't care about anything else. Defense can't be measured like production. So without production then you just suck and you have done nothing.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Guys like Everberg never seem to be appreciated around here.

Because we have around 12 bottom 6 players to choose from, and Everberg is right down in the pecking order:-

In no particular order

1. Cliche
2. Bordeleau
3. Mcleod *
4. Mitchell *
5. Winchester
6. Street
7. Skille *
8. Rendulic
9. Everberg
10. Rantanen *
11. Martinsen
12. Wagner
13. Grigorenko *
14. Comeau *
15. Hishon

to name but a few (not including Agozzino / Smith & others).

I put a * next to the players I think might play on a bottom 6 for a good hockey team. The rest should be in the AHL or another league.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Because we have around 12 bottom 6 players to choose from, and Everberg is right down in the pecking order:-

In no particular order

1. Cliche
2. Bordeleau
3. Mcleod *
4. Mitchell *
5. Winchester
6. Street
7. Skille *
8. Rendulic
9. Everberg
10. Rantanen *
11. Martinsen
12. Wagner
13. Grigorenko *
14. Comeau *
15. Hishon

I put a * next to the players I think might play on a bottom 6 for a good hockey team. The rest should be in the AHL or another league.

I hope you mean bottom 6 today and not the future...

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
Everberg is what he is. He's a role player that's not adding much value right now. He was probably the team's 13th forward out of 13 available forwards. Wagner and Martinsen were adding more value than Everberg.

Sending Everberg down to the AHL doesn't impact the NHL team much unless they somehow add an impact player (doubtful) to replace him. In the end it's probably better for Everberg to be playing in the AHL until he dominates at that level and works his way back up to the NHL team.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Huge help for the Rampage and hopefully a huge benefit for Everberg. He will continue to grow confidence and hopefully will slowly adapt his physical game which he appears to have shied away from since the shoulder surgery. I think he feels a little timid out there and the AHL is a much better place to be for someone in that position. I'm glad he's still part of our organization since I'm a large fan of his.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Have to admit I expected more from him but yeah im on board with having him in SA along with Picks. I think aside from Street they should have everyone back. They were playing lights out.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado

In no particular order

1. Cliche
2. Bordeleau
3. Mcleod *
4. Mitchell *
5. Winchester
6. Street
7. Skille *
8. Rendulic
9. Everberg
10. Rantanen *
11. Martinsen
12. Wagner
13. Grigorenko *
14. Comeau *
15. Hishon

seriously surprised you did not star Wagner and Rendulik.. but thats ok...

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
did every ones favorite player clear waivers?
Today there is about twlve or more hours of non stop hockey
Love it
hope we can get some momentum these next week and win some home games

Go avs

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He needs to bulk up so he's less likely to have shoulder problems and can play more reckless physically. He looked a bit more awkward hitting this year and he's not a player that can afford playing with hesitation.

He's a smart guy, great blocker and excellent at clearing the zone. He'll carve out a role as a depth player eventually.

All of these big depth players brought in haven't done much in the NHL (Martinsen, Rendulic, Wagner, Everberg). They all have some tool that's attractive but they also all have flaws. As limited as McLeod is, he's got more consistence on a shift by shift basis. That's what NHL experience give you.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm not saying he sucks, last year's performance wasn't a fluke. At the same time though, he's been invisible on the ice for the Avs all year and it's time somebody else got a chance to make waves up here. I'm glad he cleared waivers, maybe someday he'll put it together at the NHL level, but for now we don't need him up here. It would have been smarter to send him down before he was eligible, but we dodged the bullet anyway.

Rantanen is still injured, isn't he? As much as I'd like to see him back in the NHL, he's probably not their plan this time. I'd guess either Rendulic or Agozzino gets the callup. I'm still pretty high on Rendulic, he hasn't hit his ceiling yet, it might be time for him to get another shot.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I hope they just keep the AHL team competitive so we will have something to play after regular season. Would be great to see Everberg, Rantanen and others win the AHL!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad