Evander Kane

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I think it'll depend on A.) Who drafts him, and B.) How much bulk/size he adds in the summer.

If he comes into an NHL camp strong, and fit he could be one of those guys who sticks. I don't see him enough to judge one way or another, but I think a year of confidence building in the WHL and WJ's would do him a world of good IMO (not saying he's not already running with a boat load of confidence).

There's no use rushing prospects. I certainly don't think that he'd be hampered going back and being a major factor in juniors (once again).

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Another year in juniors would benefit the vast majority of prospects. Another year in juniors would have probably benefitted Stamkos and he's more talented than Kane.

0123456789*

He needs another year in juniors.
He is still very raw and has come along way in a short time, it would be a shame to crush his confidence and momentum by throwing him in the NHL and watching him strugle. He also needs to bulk up alot more, he should probably add a extra 20lbs right now. But thats fine that he hasnt filled in yet as it means he is more likely to have a late growth spurt.

Cal Vandelay

Apr 1, 2008
If a team like NYI or Ottawa take him he will be in the NHL .. should he be no ...he needs IMO 2 years of junior to gain strengh and to build up his frame .. if he can gain 20-25 pounds look out .. he will be a force to be wreckin with .

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Who does he compare to in the NHL? Also, what wing does he play?

I was thinking, there are about 8 top end prospects at this years draft, then it starts to decline a bit. Hopefully if the Avs miss the playoffs, they finish in the bottom 8.

Tavares
Hedman
Duchene
MSP
Kane
Cowen
Schenn
Schroeder

Thats a pretty solid top 8.

Cal Vandelay

Apr 1, 2008
Thats true. Kadri and Ellis would make it a top 10, though I think both those are slightly below the top 8. I may be wrong though.

To me Kadri & Schroeder are in a dog fight to make to the top 8 ..

Schroeder had a great WJC against the weak teams .. and scored alot of points ...but when it came to the games that mattered , the kid never showed up .
I think size could be a issue with him , i dont say that about most ...but with him i think it could be . Kadri i think could have made team Canada if he didnt break his jaw weeks before and came into camp 100% ... to me Kadri & even Ellis should be ahead of Schroeder

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
I think there is no doubt he could play in the NHL next year. He would probably be a very effective checker and put up 30 points or so.

But if you are looking to nurture his offensive game, I think that consuectutive seasons years in the WHL and then AHL would be the best tactic.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I think there is no doubt he could play in the NHL next year. He would probably be a very effective checker and put up 30 points or so.

But if you are looking to nurture his offensive game, I think that consuectutive seasons years in the WHL and then AHL would be the best tactic.

To me there is no doubt he returns to the Dub. Barring a signifigent gain in mass he would just get demolished like Stamkos and Turris. He also plays a grittier game than the two I just mentioned so he would be in a Gilbert Brule situatuion.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
To me there is no doubt he returns to the Dub. Barring a signifigent gain in mass he would just get demolished like Stamkos and Turris. He also plays a grittier game than the two I just mentioned so he would be in a Gilbert Brule situatuion.
Well I'm not sure about him getting demolished b/c he is bigger and weighs a lot more than those 2 guys.....

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Well I'm not sure about him getting demolished b/c he is bigger and weighs a lot more than those 2 guys.....

Even if he is bigger physically he is not that stong yet. Stamkos is 6'0 about 180 (listed at 196 on some sites) and Turris is 6'1 180. Kane is 6'0-6'1 and between 170-185 so there is not much difference between the three. But from watching them at the world juniors Stamkos had better strength and balance than Kane, and Turris did not really get overpowered.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Even if he is bigger physically he is not that stong yet. Stamkos is 6'0 about 180 (listed at 196 on some sites) and Turris is 6'1 180. Kane is 6'0-6'1 and between 170-185 so there is not much difference between the three. But from watching them at the world juniors Stamkos had better strength and balance than Kane, and Turris did not really get overpowered.
I bet you Kane is closer to 200 lbs now, based on comparing him to Schenn....And he's a lot sturdier then Turris was

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I bet you Kane is closer to 200 lbs now, based on comparing him to Schenn....And he's a lot sturdier then Turris was

They officially weighed the prospects at the Top Prospects game and the official measurement of Kane was 6'1 176 he is nowhere near 200 lbs let alone the 185 he claimed to be, so in that regard he still has alot of filling out to do but he's still growing.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Who does he compare to in the NHL? Also, what wing does he play?

I was thinking, there are about 8 top end prospects at this years draft, then it starts to decline a bit. Hopefully if the Avs miss the playoffs, they finish in the bottom 8.

Tavares
Hedman
Duchene
MSP
Kane
Cowen
Schenn
Schroeder

Thats a pretty solid top 8.

I would say theres a pretty big drop after two, then after five, then after eight.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I would say theres a pretty big drop after two, then after five, then after eight.

Really? It depends on the effects of the injury, but many felt that Cowen was debatably the #3 prospect in the draft.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

I agree with the drop after two and five, but the top 8 isn't that defined I don't think. Cowen could slide, Schenn I've seen anywhere from top 4 to top 12, Schroeder has dropped in some rankings, and guys like Kadri are right there with them. Obviously there is a decline the lower you go, but I don't think it is as clear cut as the top 5.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Is Evander related to Patrick?

yes.

download.php

Patrick_Kane.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad