TBN: Evander Kane sex offense investigation case closed: No Charges [Mod Warning Post 30]

White Out 403*

Everyone thought they knew the circumstances of the Patrick Kane case too. You don't even know the circumstances.

Hope that wasn't too creepy for you.

No beerz, that was a very logical and even handed reply. Thanks! Not at all creepy like your previous posts, don't worry :)

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
Idk what the back and forth is about at once it was educational lol

I had no clue that PKanes accuser went to the hospital and had a rape kit administered immediately after the assault. Was it the Drs that suggested the police be involved as well?

What about the trauma and brusing?

Things are looking up. :handclap:

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
right, but, some people are trying to draw a distinction here. theyre trying to suggest that theres a difference between her initiating the contact to the police, and the nurses. theyre both bad for kane. i think someone made a point earlier saying how its bad for kane because nurses got police involved, some how proving that she isnt after money. so someone retorted that no, its not possible that happened, she had to get police involved. even if thats the case, which is debatable, a nurse suggesting she see police and her agreeing is just as damning for kane.

What?

Nobody here knows the exact nature of the injuries sustained. All that has been reported was 'signs of trauma' were found on her body.

That's a very vague term. 'Signs of trauma' could be a LOT of different things, and by themselves don't mean a rape occurred. I dated a woman years ago who once grabbed my arm so hard during consensual sex it left a massive bruise. That by itself is a sign of trauma. Those things can happen during consensual sex OR sexual assault. WHAT the injuries were MATTERS. And since nobody here knows exactly what those injuries were...

It's not totally inconceivable that the victim came into the hospital for treatment, says she can't remember much of what happened, and a nurse suggested she talk to the police based on her lack of memory ALONE. Wo don't know anything. It's all assumptions.

But that's ok I guess, because it's internet and facts don't matter.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

@DarrenDreger - Source says 3 teams were given the presentation yesterday.
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline - Believe #CBJ meeting was yesterday.
LaxSabre - Since program launched yesterday in Buffalo - Sabres had their meeting yesterday too?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It's too early to say anything really.

The one thing that is amazing given that E Kane is always a lightning rod for everything is how little attention this is even getting. Everyone from journalists to fans to haters just doesn't want to deal with it again after P Kane and that circus.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Eh...he hit a lot of posts before this too. That's the same. There's been two or three games where he's been everywhere and still no finish. He did make great plays on our first two goals the other night though.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

The one thing that is amazing given that E Kane is always a lightning rod for everything is how little attention this is even getting. Everyone from journalists to fans to haters just doesn't want to deal with it again after P Kane and that circus.

I think it's probably more that P. Kane's thing happened in the off season, when hockey fans didn't have any actual hockey to care/talk about.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

Is E Kane really a lightning rod, or do people like to make mountains out of molehills? ( I'm not referring to the current allegations here. )

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
You can't say anything based on quiet. Quiet is exactly how this process is supposed to be. Quiet could mean they have an airtight case that'll send him to jail for ten years and are busy tracking down 20 other women he's assaulted. Quiet could mean there's no case at all and the press just hasn't reached out to confirm with them yet. Quiet could mean they have a serious investigation ongoing that's doing the due diligence of reaching out to numerous parties, gathering and testing evidence, working with lawyers from both sides to make things available and contesting them.

It's wholly within the realm of possibility not to hear anything for a year before it goes to court.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
You can't say anything based on quiet. Quiet is exactly how this process is supposed to be. Quiet could mean they have an airtight case that'll send him to jail for ten years and are busy tracking down 20 other women he's assaulted. Quiet could mean there's no case at all and the press just hasn't reached out to confirm with them yet. Quiet could mean they have a serious investigation ongoing that's doing the due diligence of reaching out to numerous parties, gathering and testing evidence, working with lawyers from both sides to make things available and contesting them.

It's wholly within the realm of possibility not to hear anything for a year before it goes to court.

This. What is clear to me is that whatever is going on BPD is tight as a drum. You can bet if TBN had anything at all, it would be all over the front page. Lessons learned from Hamburg I suppose.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

If it even does. Can't even assume that.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
This. What is clear to me is that whatever is going on BPD is tight as a drum. You can bet if TBN had anything at all, it would be all over the front page. Lessons learned from Hamburg I suppose.

With P Kane, there were people like the club owner and the "victim's" family and lawyer that made news. They were completely beyond the control of hamburg pd. With E Kane, no civilians have thrown fuel on the fire. BPD is just lucky it hasn't turned into a circus.

White Out 403*

For my own 2 cents I think quiet is probably bad. If the investigation was going no where you'd likely hear about it from Kanes lawyers or people, like how with Pat Kanes case was a joke and we heard about it right away when investigators were having difficulty

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
For my own 2 cents I think quiet is probably bad. If the investigation was going no where you'd likely hear about it from Kanes lawyers or people, like how with Pat Kanes case was a joke and we heard about it right away when investigators were having difficulty

Meh. Could be a ton of reasons why we aren't hearing anything.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011

dont forget youre biased

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad