Evander Kane quietly ROARING back?

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
You could say he is slowly SPEEDING AHEAD and gently DESTROYING the competition this season. Too bad there is no Matt Cooke to one punch. That season will never be topped because of that. Otherwise, hopefully he stays his nose out of trouble and keeps on producing. He has a lot of skill.

Reactions: haveandare

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Contract year. Hopefully the Sabres can get some good assets for him at the deadline.

Reactions: kp61c

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
It's Eichel, mostly who gives him insane feeds, IMO.

I mean Kane can be good and he likes to shoot a lot.....but he could have even more goals but he's not an elite scorer. Eichel just creates so many good chances.

Ask Pominville.

Reinhart is a good player but even he excelled with Jack.

Take him away from Jack and look at Sam now.

However I do find it funny that Jets fans and medias think the Sabres just got absolutely burned in the Kane-Myers trade.

Kane scored 28 goals last year and missed the first month and a half.

It's kind of strange every person in that trade has had injury issues. Stafford serves a serviceable role I guess, but it's not on the jets.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
It's Eichel, mostly who gives him insane feeds, IMO.

I mean Kane can be good and he likes to shoot a lot.....but he could have even more goals but he's not an elite scorer. Eichel just creates so many good chances.

Ask Pominville.

Reinhart is a good player but even he excelled with Jack.

Take him away from Jack and look at Sam now.

However I do find it funny that Jets fans and medias think the Sabres just got absolutely burned in the Kane-Myers trade.

Kane scored 28 goals last year and missed the first month and a half.

It's kind of strange every person in that trade has had injury issues. Stafford serves a serviceable role I guess, but it's not on the jets.
Was Kane paired with Eichel for most of those 28 last season?

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
I'm guessing by your words you disagree with those two being played together. You think Kane's bringing Jack down?
They both bring eachother down in a sense that their styles are so opposite. Eichel slows the game down while Kane speeds it up. Instead of being paired up with players that compliment their styles, they are put together and negated.

Reactions: mw2noobbuster

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I'm guessing by your words you disagree with those two being played together. You think Kane's bringing Jack down?
It's the same across 95+% of the Sabres fan base. And its true.
Kane gets a great benefit from playing with Eichel. So did Reinhart last season and for a couple of games, Girgensons.
The issue is an elite finishing winger or 2 for Jack. The likes of Nylander, Asplund and Middlestadt, all left handed shots, one of them should slot with Eichel nicely.
Kane can drive play, he can also score, but his next contract will undoubtedly put him on the move from the Sabres.

Reactions: mw2noobbuster

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's the same across 95+% of the Sabres fan base. And its true.
Kane gets a great benefit from playing with Eichel. So did Reinhart last season and for a couple of games, Girgensons.
The issue is an elite finishing winger or 2 for Jack. The likes of Nylander, Asplund and Middlestadt, all left handed shots, one of them should slot with Eichel nicely.
Kane can drive play, he can also score, but his next contract will undoubtedly put him on the move from the Sabres.
With Eichel kicking up to $10 million next season, the Sabres have to figure out how to slot their roster. Jack at $10, ROR at $7.5 million, Risto at $5.5 million, those are their key guys. $23 million for 3 guys, leaves $52 million plus for the remaining 20 man roster. Kane is already making $5.25 million. How much higher will that deal be? 2009 pick, so in 2018, he's 27. Still several prime years left, between 5-6.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
What's the feeling in Buffalo regarding Kane's status this year? Will they sign him to an extension - I'm thinking it could be $6 - $7 million per year, but not sure of the term. Or will they trade him assuming they are out of the playoff race in February?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad