Evander Kane living up to contract so far?

Newt91

Feb 8, 2019
He's on his way to a career high in goals and possibly points. I know his contract get's a lot of hate, but he seems to be coming through thus far. The later years may be questionable..

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He does lead the league in minor penalties taken, but that's the only negative. But I mean, he's a power forward. Whatyagonnado?

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Hes on pair for 60+ points while being a good all around player. I wanted the Oilers to sign him. Would've been a nice fit next to McDavid. Although we don't even have the cap space to take our own guys off IR soo.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
People saying he was always going to do well in his first year forget that he's never scored 30 goals and he will do that this year. Absolutely dominating this season.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
Yeah, most people were calling the contract an overall abomination because he had never reached 30 goals before, so I don't buy into the fact that people thought it would be worth it in year 1 alone. I said it once it was signed and I'll say it again, it's about a million more and a year longer than ideal, but it's proving to be the best DW signing since Burnsie.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
He is definately earning his contract in year 1. Nice shortie tonight for #27.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Yeah, most people were calling the contract an overall abomination because he had never reached 30 goals before, so I don't buy into the fact that people thought it would be worth it in year 1 alone. I said it once it was signed and I'll say it again, it's about a million more and a year longer than ideal, but it's proving to be the best DW signing since Burnsie.
Can't speak for everyone else but when I slam a contract, I'm taking into account term unless I say so otherwise. Only one I can recall specifying this sucks y1 was Lucic but I am confident I slammed this signing too and I'm still confident in that.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
He scored 30 in 2011-12.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Still might be a bit pricey but you have to overpay UFAs a bit, overall quite a good signing

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
People forget he's still young and isn't a Mike Richards. He takes care of his body and works hard off the ice.

Cantankerousoldguy

Nov 6, 2015
Winnipeg
Putting aside Kane’s off ice antics and persona what I found far outweighed his goal production with us was that he was a possession killer. I couldn’t count how many times during a game he would blast up the side only to take a bad angle hail Mary short that missed, rang around the boards and gave the puck up…over and over and over, or just taking bad shots from bad angles. Can’t think of another player who is just wasting such raw talent. So very happy he isn’t here!

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Putting aside Kane’s off ice antics and persona what I found far outweighed his goal production with us was that he was a possession killer. I couldn’t count how many times during a game he would blast up the side only to take a bad angle hail Mary short that missed, rang around the boards and gave the puck up…over and over and over, or just taking bad shots from bad angles. Can’t think of another player who is just wasting such raw talent. So very happy he isn’t here!

You're so happy he isn't there? Well good for you, but he's dominating in San Jose and not at all a possession killer, so...

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
He does lead the league in minor penalties taken, but that's the only negative. But I mean, he's a power forward. Whatyagonnado?
He wouldn't be if he wasn't black #notsorry

He's outplaying his contract right now but I'm worried about year 5 and beyond

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
This was the #1 thing the staff addressed with him when he came here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad