Evander Kane has 2 points in his last 17 games

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
He sounds like a guy that would be perfect for a team where he is THE GUY on offence.

IMO no contending team will want to touch this guy, we talk about some trades can potentially disrupt the chemistry in the locker room... Evander Kane is the shining example of it. Wasn't beloved by the Jets teammates...doesn't seem all that cared about in Buffalo either. Hes a walking, talking locker room cancer.
I agree with everything other than him being "the guy".

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I agree with everything other than him being "the guy".
I just meant by him being "the guy" is because no one can really play with him And if hes "they guy" on any team, generally that team would be a pretty bad team....if hes holding up production from a player like Jack Eichel...that quite alarming.

I don't want to see him fail, I hope he can mature enough soon and reach his potential. But as it stands, if I was a GM I wouldn't be looking at signing him to any sort of long term deal.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
He sounds like a guy that would be perfect for a team where he is THE GUY on offence.

IMO no contending team will want to touch this guy, we talk about some trades can potentially disrupt the chemistry in the locker room... Evander Kane is the shining example of it. Wasn't beloved by the Jets teammates...doesn't seem all that cared about in Buffalo either. Hes a walking, talking locker room cancer.
I just meant by him being "the guy" is because no one can really play with him And if hes "they guy" on any team, generally that team would be a pretty bad team....if hes holding up production from a player like Jack Eichel...that quite alarming.

I don't want to see him fail, I hope he can mature enough soon and reach his potential. But as it stands, if I was a GM I wouldn't be looking at signing him to any sort of long term deal.
Definitely not wanting him on my team, patticularly around young players.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I've always thought that "Money Push Ups" was always overshadowed by "Money Phone."

5l740p.jpg

Big reason to not want him on a contending team. That me first attitude doesn't belong in the NHL.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Kane has always been a one man show. It didn't matter one bit who his center was in Winnipeg, he would play the same north south high volume shot game. He is the type of player that you can put him on your 2nd or third line if you don't have depth and he can be counted on to drive play and chip in some points but he doesn't make a good line better or play well with talented players.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Kane has always been a one man show. It didn't matter one bit who his center was in Winnipeg, he would play the same north south high volume shot game. He is the type of player that you can put him on your 2nd or third line if you don't have depth and he can be counted on to drive play and chip in some points but he doesn't make a good line better or play well with talented players.

thats the fairest review of kane I've read yet. well done sir.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Overrated. Buffalo should have dumped two months ago. Value going way down now. And to think Jets only got Armia Roslovic Myers Stafford and Lemieux for him.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Overrated. Buffalo should have dumped two months ago. Value going way down now. And to think Jets only got Armia Roslovic Myers Stafford and Lemieux for him.

I'll state this again, please provide the sources you clearly have showing there was even a deal on the table for Kane two months ago.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Not entirely accurate. They got Bogosian and a goalie prospect as well.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa

Yea I mean thats still not a great haul. Armia is in his draft +7 year and just finally broke 20 pts in the NHL. Roslovic is the most promising player there. Stafford was a cap dump. Myers is whatever. They all benefit by having one of the best top 6s in the league. I was super high on Armia, but my god he just couldnt put it all together. Good for him for finally getting going.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
2 in 18 now.

While guys liks Reinhart and Eichel keep putting up multi-point nights. This is relevant because when your team scores 4 and your someone like Kane surely you should cash in on one. Nope just continues to do nothing.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Yea I mean thats still not a great haul. Armia is in his draft +7 year and just finally broke 20 pts in the NHL. Roslovic is the most promising player there. Stafford was a cap dump. Myers is whatever. They all benefit by having one of the best top 6s in the league. I was super high on Armia, but my god he just couldnt put it all together. Good for him for finally getting going.
You obviously havnt been watching Armia this year....

With the amount of firepower the Jets have already, Armia realized that to stick with the team he would have to alter his game a bit. He is now a part of one of the best shut down lines in the NHL, but can also put the puck in the net, and has some of the sickest hands on the team. Also pretty sure if he was on a team that didnt have the depth the Jets have, he would be playing a regular shift on the second line.

Any way you try and sluce it, the Jets absolutely destroyed Buffalo in every aspect of that trade, and us Jets fans would do it again any day of the week. Hell...Im sure a lot of fans and teamates at the time would have given him away. Nothing but a cancer

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Myers is whatever. How about good. Right handed dman.Plays over 20 minutes a game. Kills penalties. Plays the pp. On pace for around 40 points +12. And is paid like 3 million for 3 years . He alone is worth twice what kane is worth.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Guy isn't even shooting anywhere near his usual rates and isn't his usual disruptive self on the forecheck... he's checked out mentally and is waiting to be dealt IMO.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Teams have an associated value (or lack thereof) with Kane already.

If they like him, the drought will not matter that much.

If they don't like him, a streak of 9 goals in 17 games wouldn't likely have changed their minds.

He currently looks like a player (as mentioned already) waiting for a trade to happen.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Myers is whatever. How about good. Right handed dman.Plays over 20 minutes a game. Kills penalties. Plays the pp. On pace for around 40 points +12. And is paid like 3 million for 3 years . He alone is worth twice what kane is worth.
Doesn’t Tyler Myers get 5.5 million

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad