OT: Evander Kane gets 3 games, goes off on DOPS

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I can't stand Kane, he also deserved to be suspended...……….but he's absolutely right.
I couldn't have said it better myself... :thumbu:

BTW here's Kane's complete statement...

EQ2HcKLWAAwcC9q.jpg

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He was targeting Pionk from the drop of the puck , he deserves a suspension but the fact the NHL has a goon as head of DOPS is very funny to me . :laugh:

Reactions: Halberdier

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Don't get fooled by Kane's attempt to deflect responsibility from himself to Parros.

Kane targeted Pionk from the drop off the puck. He was premeditated, predatory, looking for blood. If the DOPS is looking to change the culture of the NHL to make it safer for all players--as it should--then they need to be especially hard on the likes of Kane.

Every player makes mistakes, including Jonathan Toews, but Toews represents the the best of the NHL most nights. No need to make an example of him. Kane, on the other hand, is a well-known troublemaker, who blames everyone but himself when he gets called out. It got old, and oh-so-predictable a long time ago.

Last edited:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Kane makes a valid point. If he had acknowledged his fault in this, his message would be more well received. But in actuality, he doesn't believe he did anything wrong which is where the real problem lies with many repeat offenders. Glad he got 3, wish he got more.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I would of preferred a 5 minute major last night, now with EK65 and him both out the Wild get the benefit.

That should have been a 5 minute major. 2 minutes for elbowing isn't like 2 minutes for getting your hands in somebody's gloves. Deserved the suspension.

What frustrates me more than anything is that the team is getting run at. Started with Kunin on Little. The hit on Lowry was borderline predatory. Wheeler has got it. Scheifele too. Ehlers almost got dusted by Dillon. Kane has a target on Pionk for much of the game. How many hits is this team willing to take? Maurice went from a coach who played a physical brand of hockey to a transitional speed team. Chevy seems to have transitioned this team into a soft one, without Byfuglien in the lineup, and Lowry. When does he do something.

I'd love to get a Travis Hamonic/ Mark Borowecki type who can keep the game honest. We have the skaters and skill. But no one wants to answer the bell when the intensity amps up games nearing the playoff push.

Reactions: bustamente

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
When players take elbows to the head like that they sometimes need help from the players assistance fund later on, nice of Evander to contribute with his cash, but not his elbow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad