OT: Evander kane fight thread

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Kane is doing a lot of good things (and some bad), but at the end of the day, given the Sharks's horrific (lack of) results and Kane's own miserable play, it reflects badly on him. Other projects, shenanigans, social media squabbles, quirks are quickly forgiven when the team is doing well. I always disliked it when players like Couture and Pavelski would start golfing the day after playoff elimination.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Would Paul fight anyone who you know can fight back? Not saying Kane would be allowed to do this, just Paul fighting anyone with some skill to smash him on the face.

He got smoked twice by a person that does not know how to fight already, why he thinks he could actually take someone that was born into and taught boxing as a kid and uses said training in his every day job in hockey is beyond me.

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
If he wins, will Doug hang a banner next to this one?

-1_medium.jpg

Reactions: Sharksrule04

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
It's silly because the banner hasn't been up in ages

3 years. They were removed with the move to little ceasars arena. But pretty much every banner detroit has ever put up was taken down at that time except for the cup banners and retired/honoured numbers.

Detroit no longer has any presidents trophy banners, division winner banners, or western conference regular season winner banners.

All of which they did have until the move to the new arena. And those banners were replaced by detroit piston banners.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
3 years. They were removed with the move to little ceasars arena. But pretty much every banner detroit has ever put up was taken down at that time except for the cup banners and retired/honoured numbers.

Detroit no longer has any presidents trophy banners, division winner banners, or western conference regular season winner banners.

All of which they did have until the move to the new arena. And those banners were replaced by detroit piston banners.

He’s talking about SAP. That banner hasn’t been up for the Sharks in a while.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
He’s talking about SAP. That banner hasn’t been up for the Sharks in a while.

Well pfff, you mean i had to do the picturecsearching at 3am of pictures of little ceasars arena for banners wasnt needed? Which by the way is so annoying, seems people only know to take photos from only one side of the arena lol

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Kane is doing a lot of good things (and some bad), but at the end of the day, given the Sharks's horrific (lack of) results and Kane's own miserable play, it reflects badly on him. Other projects, shenanigans, social media squabbles, quirks are quickly forgiven when the team is doing well. I always disliked it when players like Couture and Pavelski would start golfing the day after playoff elimination.

As a self-admitted golfaholic, a round of golf can be incredibly therapeutic. Considering those two are warriors on the ice, I'd imagine they took each of those eliminations very hard.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
As a self-admitted golfaholic, a round of golf can be incredibly therapeutic. Considering those two are warriors on the ice, I'd imagine they took each of those eliminations very hard.

I bet if they went fishing instead he wouldnt even have noted it

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I think the guys shouldn't golf at all during the summer. Either train at hockey or lay quietly in a dark room while feeling pain for your loss...

Give me a break.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I think the guys shouldn't golf either. Should be at the axe-throwing range slinging angry axes at full-sized pictures of Jordan Binnington and Robin Lehner. I'd put my money on Marleau hitting them right in the chest.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
Obviously this will never happen while Kane is an active NHL player. I'm not sure who I'd rather see get knocked out but I actually think Kane would have lost.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Obviously this will never happen while Kane is an active NHL player. I'm not sure who I'd rather see get knocked out but I actually think Kane would have lost.

This stuff is just a guessing game without seeing Kane in the ring but both would likely be very green between the ropes. Paul looked very bad in the ring even for his experience and training level.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
This stuff is just a guessing game without seeing Kane in the ring but both would likely be very green between the ropes. Paul looked very bad in the ring even for his experience and training level.
Oh I agree, but these 2 are close to the same size and I wouldn't expect Kane to look like the second coming of Floyd Mayweather because hes a good hockey player and had a heavy bag growing up. Hockey fighting has zero bearing on a boxing match and he would likely need about 6 months preparation for a 3 round fight. We're used to seeing high level pros fight and regular "tough guys" look pretty terrible their first few times in the ring. Boxing is a very skilled sport.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Oh I agree, but these 2 are close to the same size and I wouldn't expect Kane to look like the second coming of Floyd Mayweather because hes a good hockey player and had a heavy bag growing up. Hockey fighting has zero bearing on a boxing match and he would likely need about 6 months preparation for a 3 round fight. We're used to seeing high level pros fight and regular "tough guys" look pretty terrible their first few times in the ring. Boxing is a very skilled sport.

He doesn't need to be the second coming of Floyd Mayweather to beat Jake Paul. He just needs to have the basics down and it wouldn't be much of a fight. In Kane's case, he's much more likely to receive and absorb quality coaching and six months of that against what Jake Paul put out there would be a ginormous mismatch in Kane's favor. Paul is not to be confused with the sort of amateur that could be a pro. He doesn't have those skills.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I like how people think the paul brothers are some kind of actual pro fighters who have trained there entire lives for the sport.

They are just as much of amateurs as any body that would be stepping into the ring with them.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Kane helping create the HDA is not a project, shenanigan, or social media squabble; it's a matter of human rights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad