OT: Evander kane fight thread

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Kane has been all over the news the past few days by calling out Jake Paul about fighting him after the Nate Thompson fight.

Jake's older brother Logan responded to Kane by challenging him to a fight also.

And in other news that goes into the same category of water is wet. The reaves brothers and kane are bickering on twitter also.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Kane i swear if you get yourself hurt fighting that jackass....
Yeah, I have a feeling this is never actually happening because of some "activities outside of the league with high risk of injuries" clause I assume NHL contracts have.

FacePlate

May 16, 2019
Kane is such a disruptive person when he does this nonsense.

This is a double edged sword though. If you don't have any guys with this fire you get called soft and passive. Then when you have a guy that mouths off he's disruptive? I have zero issues with his personality as long as he can reign it in when he needs to on the ice. Off the ice who cares? Talk all the sh*t you want.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Highly, highly, doubt it ever happens, but it would definitely be good for the sport of Kane gave him the Matt Cooke special.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Yeah, I have a feeling this is never actually happening because of some "activities outside of the league with high risk of injuries" clause I assume NHL contracts have.
Probably true. But I have nightmares about any of our top six missing games for extended periods.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
This is a double edged sword though. If you don't have any guys with this fire you get called soft and passive. Then when you have a guy that mouths off he's disruptive? I have zero issues with his personality as long as he can reign it in when he needs to on the ice. Off the ice who cares? Talk all the sh*t you want.
I do find his social media presence to be pretty stupid overall if I'm being honest. He's pretty bad at talking trash. But like you say, he can talk all the shit he wants.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
It's fine. Entertaining as well. Kane is going a loooong time between hockey... needs something to occupy his mind/time.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
This will obviously never happen, but hell, still the most interesting sharks news in months. Evander Kane: getting us through this long long offseason the best he can.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Because I can see it already with some skirting, indirect comments:

This thread will not turn into another discussion on race-related issues surrounding Kane and his treatment by fans/random people/whoever. Because we've already proven that those threads do not go well. Because we can't have nice things.

The moment it does the thread is done. So please, just don't. And not even in a "I wasn't even directly saying it, I merely tap-danced around the issue without calling it out directly" sort of way. Because that will count too. So just please stay above board.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
i really don’t understand how celebrity boxing matches get sanctioned

having anyone except actual boxers get into a ring seems like not the brightest idea

if i wanted to see non-boxers fight i’ll watch some streetbeefs videos on youtube

Reactions: themelkman

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

having anyone except actual boxers get into a ring seems like not the brightest idea

if i wanted to see non-boxers fight i’ll watch some streetbeefs videos on youtube

Because 20 million and 22.6 million potential viewers watching a paperview is huge money. Even if only 1/4th of those pay it is massive amounts of money.

Reactions: Kegsey

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada

Money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad