LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Would you want the Oilers to make a statement saying they wont sign a player due to unproven allegations?

The Covid issues is a legitimate argument, but the rest is people just choosing to be mad about something they know nothing about.

Like when he assaulted a woman at a bar which was proven but the judge dropped the charges because he thought Kane could "stay of of trouble"?

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Ah well, I wouldn't want him on my team, but I hope he keeps his nose clean and does well. I'm not at all against him figuring things out and going on with his life.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Like when he assaulted a woman at a bar which was proven but the judge dropped the charges because he thought Kane could "stay of of trouble"?
post the link. Everything Ive read was there was a charge with a bouncer. No charge of assault against women. misdemeanour trespass charge and disorderly conduct.

Domestic violence or sexual harrasment against a woman would have gotten the Voynov treatment.

This guy isn't a good teammate and has a lot of things to not like about him ,but people are now just going over the top. Soon the gossip will be hes a serial killer.

Reactions: MaWa and fahad203

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
post the link. Everything Ive read was there was a charge with a bouncer. No charge of assault against women. misdemeanour trespass charge and disorderly conduct.

Domestic violence or sexual harrasment against a woman would have gotten the Voynov treatment.

Sure. Judge to dismiss charges against Sabres’ Evander Kane | Toronto Sun

Kane was arrested in July, a month after he was accused of grabbing three women by the hair and neck in separate encounters on the same night in a downtown Buffalo bar.

but I'm sure he's innocent in the other cases :sarcasm:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

This guy isn't a good teammate and has a lot of things to not like about him ,but people are now just going over the top. Soon the gossip will be hes a serial killer.

That's BS and you know it. He can't be a seriel killer. Everyone knows he has linked to ISIS

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I mean, I haven't watched so I don't know. But he likes to shoot a lot. A shot that gets deflected in, is counted as an assist.

True, but some of us Sharks fans have the benefit of having watched the games and Kane is a very good playmaker in his own right. As one example, he makes a really clever pass to Labanc in the sequence that starts at 2:20 in this video. NHL Game Highlights | Avalanche vs. Sharks – March 01, 2021 - YouTube

Kane made quite a few really nice passing plays like that last year, good vision and puck protection. The narrative that he does not pass and is only productive on his own is simply false. He CAN create his own offense of the rush which is good, but the stats demonstrate he is a much more dynamic player than that.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Ah well, I wouldn't want him on my team, but I hope he keeps his nose clean and does well. I'm not at all against him figuring things out and going on with his life.
Wow some common sense finally..
The NHL are preach one thing and do another if they dont believe in 2nd chances. Some will agrue its not a second chance but more like a 5th or so but this was the first contract termination

Reactions: Saitama

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
True, but some of us Sharks fans have the benefit of having watched the games and Kane is a very good playmaker in his own right. As one example, he makes a really clever pass to Labanc in the sequence that starts at 2:20 in this video. NHL Game Highlights | Avalanche vs. Sharks – March 01, 2021 - YouTube

Kane made quite a few really nice passing plays like that last year, good vision and puck protection. The narrative that he does not pass and is only productive on his own is simply false. He CAN create his own offense of the rush which is good, but the stats demonstrate he is a much more dynamic player than that.
Yeah i don't know enough about him as a player, just contributing to that. He definitely seems like a player that has selfish tenancies from what I can see. But like most hockey players can pass and often do. But more than others rather shoot it. Like Ovechkin. Guy rather shoot it but can absolutely be a playmaker and passer if he wants to. He just...really likes to shoot and score so he does that more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad