Prospect Info: Evan Nause (2021, #56 overall), Québec Remparts (QMJHL)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted sixth overall by the Val D’or Foreurs in the 2019 QMJHL Draft, Evan Nause instead choose to play in the USHL where he was a seventh-round pick of the Sioux Falls Stampede. At the time, Nause indicated that he wanted to play NCAA hockey and thus kept his options open in the USHL. He put up three goals and 14 assists for 17 points in 44 games. Nause was named to the USHL All-Rookie Team. He also captained Team Canada Red at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He put up just one assist in five tournament games.

Nause reconsidered his hockey future when faced with the COVID-19 Pandemic. He was drafted fifth overall by the Quebec Remparts in the 2020 QMJHL Draft and choose to sign with the team. Nause scored four goals and 18 assists for 22 points in 32 games this season. He also added a goal and an assist in six playoff games. Nause was named to the QMJHL All-Rookie Team following his strong season in Quebec. His older brother, Ryan Nause, is also playing high-end hockey, spending this past season with Aberni Valley in the BCHL.

2021 NHL Draft #49: Evan Nause Scouting Report

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
+'s

Skating
Size
Offensive minded

-'s

Upside

I think he has pretty good upside. Such a smooth and gifted skater, not necessarily north south top end speed but his edgework is phenomenal and he's so smooth laterally, and backwards. He's also very solid positionally. I could see him becoming a 3D, maybe a low end 2D. Probability is high he'll be a 4D.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think he has pretty good upside. Such a smooth and gifted skater, not necessarily north south top end speed but his edgework is phenomenal and he's so smooth laterally, and backwards. He's also very solid positionally. I could see him becoming a 3D, maybe a low end 2D. Probability is high he'll be a 4D.

Ya not a bad pick from reading up, we have a ton of LD now who have similar upside of #3D to #5/6D.
Some may have to learn how to play on the right side though haha

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Ya not a bad pick from reading up, we have a ton of LD now who have similar upside of #3D to #5/6D.
Some may have to learn how to play on the right side though haha

Yeah, Koly can so that's good at least. I would think Kiersted wouldnt have much trouble adjusting due to his hockey sense, but that's just a guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad