Providence Bruins Evan Gold named GM of Providence

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

BOSTON - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, March 29, that Evan Gold has been named the General Manager of the Providence Bruins.

"The Bruins are excited to have Evan formally take on the role and the responsibilities as the General Manager of the Providence Bruins," Sweeney said. "The development relationship with Providence is extremely important to our success. Evan has worked hard to expand his footprint in all areas within the Bruins Hockey Operations Department and this is a natural progression and a direct reflection of his continued growth and impact."

"I am very grateful for the opportunity to assume this leadership role within our development program," Gold said. "Our group in Providence comprises an incredibly dedicated and hard-working collective of players, coaches and staff. Together, we will continue to foster a highly competitive environment in which we work to develop the next generation of Boston Bruins."

Currently in his eighth season with the Bruins organization, Gold was named Assistant General Manager in 2019, after serving as the Director of Legal Affairs since 2015. Gold will continue to work alongside Sweeney on all hockey operations matters for the Bruins while playing a leadership role in the day-to-day operations of the club's AHL affiliate in Providence.

Prior to joining the Bruins in 2015, Gold spent eight seasons with the Washington Capitals as a Hockey Operations Assistant.
Gold has served as a member of the Bruins Hockey Operations department as the team has qualified for the playoffs in seven straight seasons, appeared in the Stanley Cup Final in 2019, and won a Presidents' Trophy in 2019-20.

After completing an undergraduate degree from McGill University, Gold earned his law degree and MBA from the University of Toronto.

Thought this deserved its own thread because what he brings to the Bruins is very underrated/appreciated.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He actually exists! I thought he was a mythological creature, like a unicorn, or a Bruins power play unit that can score goals :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, congrats, he seems like a very smart cookie.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr Hook and Alicat

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Ah, now I get it.

EyySsUuXAAUilHD.jpg

Attachments

• EyySsUuXAAUilHD.jpg
    EyySsUuXAAUilHD.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Glad he got a raise and promotion, but do not like it for the Bruins, or for him, short term. Two jobs is too much. He is a great capologist, but he won't be as good at either job this way. I think it is a bit of a double deal by Sweeney also. Gold was willing to accept because this will probably get him a GM job in a couple of years.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Glad he got a raise and promotion, but do not like it for the Bruins, or for him, short term. Two jobs is too much. He is a great capologist, but he won't be as good at either job this way. I think it is a bit of a double deal by Sweeney also. Gold was willing to accept because this will probably get him a GM job in a couple of years.
He’s already been doing both jobs. And it seem like he’s done pretty well.

Reactions: Alicat

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

BOSTON - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, March 29, that Evan Gold has been named the General Manager of the Providence Bruins.

"The Bruins are excited to have Evan formally take on the role and the responsibilities as the General Manager of the Providence Bruins," Sweeney said. "The development relationship with Providence is extremely important to our success. Evan has worked hard to expand his footprint in all areas within the Bruins Hockey Operations Department and this is a natural progression and a direct reflection of his continued growth and impact."

"I am very grateful for the opportunity to assume this leadership role within our development program," Gold said. "Our group in Providence comprises an incredibly dedicated and hard-working collective of players, coaches and staff. Together, we will continue to foster a highly competitive environment in which we work to develop the next generation of Boston Bruins."

Currently in his eighth season with the Bruins organization, Gold was named Assistant General Manager in 2019, after serving as the Director of Legal Affairs since 2015. Gold will continue to work alongside Sweeney on all hockey operations matters for the Bruins while playing a leadership role in the day-to-day operations of the club's AHL affiliate in Providence.

Prior to joining the Bruins in 2015, Gold spent eight seasons with the Washington Capitals as a Hockey Operations Assistant.
Gold has served as a member of the Bruins Hockey Operations department as the team has qualified for the playoffs in seven straight seasons, appeared in the Stanley Cup Final in 2019, and won a Presidents' Trophy in 2019-20.

After completing an undergraduate degree from McGill University, Gold earned his law degree and MBA from the University of Toronto.

Thought this deserved its own thread because what he brings to the Bruins is very underrated/appreciated.

thanks Dom, great news for the PB`s and Evan, anyone who can play the cap game like this man does is going to leave big shoes to fill

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
thanks Dom, great news for the PB`s and Evan, anyone who can play the cap game like this man does is going to leave big shoes to fill
It's not just the cap. He is AGM in Boston, helps Sweeney with the day to day operations, does trade talks, heads the legal department, spearheads contract negotiations and he scouts.

I said it before and will say it again, if the day comes that the Bruins need a new GM, it will be him. If he hasn't moved on.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's not just the cap. He is AGM in Boston, helps Sweeney with the day to day operations, does trade talks, heads the legal department, spearheads contract negotiations and he scouts.

I said it before and will say it again, if the day comes that the Bruins need a new GM, it will be him. If he hasn't moved on.
all fingers/toes crossed Dom, I know you think highly of him and that`s good enough for me

Any insight for this know nothing fan what the role of a GM in the AHL is like in comparison to that in the NHL? Similarities/differences etc...thank you

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You obviously don't know what he does for Boston.
Well I don't work for Boston but from everything I have heard he is a cap expert who if Bruins want a player he makes numbers work one way or other .Are you trying to say he is involved in Bruins decisions far as trades etc and evaluating skilll? Check this Dom.I looked above and saw you explaining it to another person.Never knew he was more then just a cap guru my bad.

Another thing is I am happy for him I never wish bad on a person far a promotion etc and believe me in my world the gas industry I saw lots jump others who never deserved it but still congratulated them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad