Player Discussion Evan Bouchard

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I really like Bouchard as a player but it was really something to have to fend off poster after poster because I suggested that I wanted to see more from Bouchard.
In last nights game he showed exactly why.
In the biggest game of the year he became a turnover machine.

That was the version of Bouchard that we have seen before and it has to go away.
Norris candidates do not go from elite to garbage in 48 hours and thats exactly what Bouchard did.
It's funny (and really sad) that this version of Bouchard could have very well just cost us our season.

Even when Bouchard is on he still hesitates too much and makes slow decisions with the puck. Because of these negative traits we get games like this last one. It's who he is.

Some Oilers fans on the mains were saying he should get Smythe consideration lol. Sure Bouchard had some clutch plays, but being in that conversation is laughable. It's ridiculous.

Sad day

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It's funny (and really sad) that this version of Bouchard could have very well just cost us our season.

Even when Bouchard is on he still hesitates too much and makes slow decisions with the puck. Because of these negative traits we get games like this last one. It's who he is.

Some Oilers fans on the mains were saying he should get Smythe consideration lol. Sure Bouchard had some clutch plays, but being in that conversation is laughable. It's ridiculous.

Sad day
I agree.
Its that hesitation thats the issue and as I posted before that hesitation is less of an issue in the Offensive zone.
Bouchard still struggles with processing and executing under pressure.
Thats a challenge for most players but the elite players are able to do that consistently.

Its funny reading through the thread and looking at the responses.
Questioning Bouchard as an elite dman was met with all kinds of outrage.
Suggesting that Ekholm was mentoring him...outrageous!!!

Nothing but crickets after last nights game.

Last edited:

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
You're so predictable and shortsighted it's comical.
Narrow minds make narrow posts.
Bouchard has 3 what I would call commanding or assertive games so far in the playoffs. That's 3 out of 10 games. That's not elite and certainly nowhere near Conn Smythe worthy.

Continually insulting a poster on hfboards doesn't change this.

• Love
Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
dumb-huh.gif

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Is that Bouchard last night?
Oh he had a horrible game for sure. Might as well been.
However, a single goal in an entire playoffs does not make him the single most reason for the loss or the entire series if they lose, as the poster suggested. Not to mention the oilers deserved that loss as Van dominated them. Bouchard was not the sole reason they lost

There's 3 posters on here who make utterly ridiculous claims like this then pat themselves on the back like they cracked the code.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Oh he had a horrible game for sure. Might as well been.
However, a single goal in an entire playoffs does not make him the single most reason for the loss or the entire series if they lose, as the poster suggested. Not to mention the oilers deserved that loss as Van dominated them. Bouchard was not the sole reason they lost

There's 3 posters on here who make utterly ridiculous claims like this then pat themselves on the back like they cracked the code.
I dont disagree with any of this. But the flipside of that is lots of posters just go after someone if they point out his deficiencies, whether in a broad sense or in a game.
Hes a unique player. His motor is shit, often looks like he's stoned & it can get him into problems. But when it doesnt/he's playing well (which is often) he's really good.
He can be a veeeeery frustrating player.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Well this future HOFer who is apparently comparable to Raymond Bourque wasn't that great last night.

Point: don't go to extremes. He isn't a HoFer despite his offensive numbers this season and he isn't trash.
He has holes in his game but has time on his side to become something special all around Dman.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Sad day
You’re seriously gonna blame one player/person for the situation this club is currently in? Hate the player much?

Reactions: Aerchon

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
You’re seriously gonna blame one player/person for the situation this club is currently in? Hate the player much?
Not only did he blame the blame the player, he literally isolated it to a single play. The series isn't even over yet and he full on stated that if they lose, the entire playoff will be squarely on Bouchard and that ONE play

Unfortunately in an open forum where ppl are allowed to express their meritless opinions, we are subject to the nonsensical notions like these without repercussion

This particular poster is notorious for making wild claims then playing grade 3 tactics when he gets called out on them, acting as if he's being targeted. Truly elementary and immature psychology

Why talk rationally when you can simply fall down and act like you stubbed a toe?

Last edited:

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Seems like you hate me and are targeting everything I say. I'm not always right, but I've come here called stuff ahead of time and have gave good insight. I have even praised Bouchard.

I walk away from the thread I get called out, I stay here I get called out. Other than telling me I have voices in my head what insight have you provided?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bobbythebrain

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Seems like you hate me and are targeting everything I say. I'm not always right, but I've come here called stuff ahead of time and have gave good insight. I have even praised Bouchard.

I walk away from the thread I get called out, I stay here I get called out. Other than telling me I have voices in my head what insight have you provided?
Shitty Shoes

You made a statement earlier that Skinner was starting and I simply asked you for a source on that. Not anything out of order I would think. You have turned it into something more. I’m still waiting for your source on him starting.

In the meantime I’m not going to respond to your DM privately. You seem obsessed that I have asked for you to provide evidence of your statement. Again, not an odd ask on a message forum,

1716038640294.png

instead of

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Shitty Shoes

You made a statement earlier that Skinner was starting and I simply asked you for a source on that. Not anything out of order I would think. You have turned it into something more. I’m still waiting for your source on him starting.

In the meantime I’m not going to respond to your DM privately. You seem obsessed that I have asked for you to provide evidence of your statement. Again, not an odd ask on a message forum,

View attachment 872863

instead of
Truthfully I shouldn’t have sent this, but all you/others have been doing is attacking me.

I sent you a dm so I didn’t continue this garbage on this thread.

You don’t need to post my private dm here…. This is the Bouchard thread.

Btw you just lied. You didn’t “simply ask for a source” you acted like an ass and told me I had voices in my head.

Last edited:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Truthfully I shouldn’t have sent this, but all you/others have been doing is attacking me.

Btw you just lied. You didn’t “simply ask for a source” you acted like an ass and told me I had voices in my head.
You need to chill with the dramatics.

UZ5WXQ.gif

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Dude
I wasn’t attacking you. I asked you where you heard that Skinner was starting in reference to your post in the thread. I will leave it at that.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Another ho hum 1G, 2A 3P night for Bouchard
So far through 6 games in the series he has:

4G, 5A 9P and is +7 playing 26:36 per game
Never forget, one poster said that he cost us the series. Another said we needed to trade him for a defensive defenseman. Both have said ad nauseam he has no hockey IQ
When the big brains are at work, you need to step aside and allow them to educate you

Holland would be best served trading him for Zadorov next year according to the resident experts

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I agree.
Its that hesitation thats the issue and as I posted before that hesitation is less of an issue in the Offensive zone.
Bouchard still struggles with processing and executing under pressure.
Thats a challenge for most players but the elite players are able to do that consistently.

Its funny reading through the thread and looking at the responses.
Questioning Bouchard as an elite dman was met with all kinds of outrage.
Suggesting that Ekholm was mentoring him...outrageous!!!

Nothing but crickets after last nights game.
jake-tapper-jake-tapper-crickets.gif

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Never forget, one poster said that he cost us the series. Another said we needed to trade him for a defensive defenseman. Both have said ad nauseam he has no hockey IQ
When the big brains are at work, you need to step aside and allow them to educate you

Holland would be best served trading him for Zadorov next year according to the resident experts
Lol. Imagine not liking Bouch at this point. Dudes a great defenceman, one of the best in the league.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Another ho hum 1G, 2A 3P night for Bouchard

So far through 6 games in the series he has:

4G, 5A 9P and is +7 playing 26:36 per game

Time to move the goal posts again.

Who cares about his regular season? The playoffs will be the real test.

Who cares about the LA series? A real team in the second round will be the real test.

Who cares about the Canucks? The Conference Finals would be the real test for him. :sarcasm:

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

Cmon man. Stop lying. I said “he could have cost us the season” and we haven’t advanced yet so this holds true.

If you watch the sequence leading up to the play he scored last night he fumbled the puck twice and made a garbage pass to mcdavid that ended up working out.

We’re not saying he’s a bad defenseman, we don’t hate the guy, but sure as shit he’s not in consideration for the smythe and he’s not a top defenseman in this league. You can keep living in your delusional world, but stop calling out me and Guymez out. It’s immature and getting old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad