Evan Bouchard will finish the season with a .ppg and 82 points, +34

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This was a pretty big offseason topic. A lot of Oiler fans were saying he'll get 60 to 70 points. Thought it could be revisited now that the season is over. He ended up with, at least 82, and a +34. Also led the D in minutes with 23. Nurse and Ekholm were under 21 and 22.

1713446800617.png

For Contrast - Tyson Barrie best season as an Oiler was 48 points (playing with the same forwards)
Marc Andre Bergeron's best season was 35 points.

Combined they have as many points as Bouch this season. Those aren't the players he keeps company with.

4th in D Scoring.
1713446953637.png

I think it was a hell of a season!

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
He is going to earn mad bank after next season if his solid play continues.
I legit think we will lose him to trade in a few seasons.

Drai, McD and Bouch all due for big raises in the next 2 to 3. Not sure we can keep all 3. Hypothetically... say 15 for McD, 12 for Drai and 8 for Bouch. That is 25 million and I am just spitballing at numbers.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Tyson Barrie’s best season was 48 points, in how many games? Think you conveniently left that out.

What’s with Oilers fans obsession with pumping this guy up so much? Great season for sure, but numerous defencemen have had better seasons than him this year without the benefit of playing McDavid. Probably could have been kept on the Oilers board.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Tyson Barrie’s best season was 48 points, in how many games? Think you conveniently left that out.

What’s with Oilers fans obsession with pumping this guy up so much? Great season for sure, but numerous defencemen have had better seasons than him this year without the benefit of playing McDavid. Probably could have been kept on the Oilers board.
Not conveniently left out... the argument is that Bouch gets these numbers because he's with McDrai. So was Barrie and he didn't come close to that.

His best season was 59 points in 80 games with the Avs. Still not 82 points. And I like Tyson Barrie a lot.

1713449701582.png

Here are his Oiler totals.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Not conveniently left out... the argument is that Bouch gets these numbers because he's with McDrai. So was Barrie and he didn't come close to that.

His best season was 59 points in 80 games with the Avs. Still not 82 points. And I like Tyson Barrie a lot.

View attachment 854424
Here are his Oiler totals.
Okay but how can you compare a short season to this one? Barrie would have had 70 points, on a worse Oilers team, in the lowest scoring NHL season in the last 5 years at least.

They are comparable seasons yet you’re throwing shade at Barrie. Either Barrie is a lot better than you think or Bouchard isn’t as good as you think and benefits a lot from McDavid. I think the later is more likely to be true given Barrie’s success with other teams, as you point out.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

After looking up his stats to see how many games he played in that 48 point season I noticed Barrie played 85 games last year, how wild lol

Reactions: Madap

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Okay but how can you compare a short season to this one? Barrie would have had 70 points, on a worse Oilers team, in the lowest scoring NHL season in the last 5 years at least.

They are comparable seasons yet you’re throwing shade at Barrie. Either Barrie is a lot better than you think or Bouchard isn’t as good as you think and benefits a lot from McDavid. I think the later is more likely to be true given Barrie’s success with other teams, as you point out.
I showed his other 2 full seasons and the short one. And said what he his best one was in his career. I also said I was a Barrie fan.

If your conclusion is that this is becuase of McD then you really aren't reading the info in front of you.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I really hope they sign him to a long term deal worth a ton of money. Then they can have Nurse and Bouchard playing 0 defence for 20+ million.
Guess the player:

Before contract: 37GP 54 pts - 120 point pace
After contract: 45gp 44pts 80 point pace

11.5m for an 80 point winger seems steep to me. And thats not a hypothetical future contract.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

Rank these young defencemen: Miller, Dobson, Bouchard, Bynam, Hronek​

Rank the D

In this thread before the season started you had a pile of terrible hot takes.

Bouchard has had trouble getting any credit for his play since fans found out which NHL team selected him.

He's a good example to illuminate which fans let the team they support color their judgement on players around the league.

Last edited:

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
I really hope they sign him to a long term deal worth a ton of money. Then they can have Nurse and Bouchard playing 0 defence for 20+ million.
-Plays zero defense
-3.8 GF/60, 2.3 GA/60
-Top 5 among defenseman in advanced stats
-Very similar WOWY numbers involving Ekholm, McDavid, Draisaitl.

For the haters - in 150 5v5 mins without Ekholm or Mcdavid on the ice, Bouchard's numbers:

63% xGF, 66% HDCF.

I guess McDavid really is that good that he boosts players abilities from the bench.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
This is one of those cases where +/- needs context. Bouchard is a liability defensively He is a bad defensive mistake waiting to happen. I don't think he will ever be good defensively and his cap hit is likely going to be a lot for an offense only guy. I like Bouchard but just not sure how much I value him for winning games.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad