Evan Bouchard Part 2: Rookie Pro (Recalled 2/19/20)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
There's a glaring hole on the PP with his name on it. Unless they decide to put Bear on before negotiating his contract.
Can't really merit throwing him into the lineup at even strength just for the gravy minutes. It's not like the PP didn't produce.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Can't really merit throwing him into the lineup at even strength just for the gravy minutes. It's not like the PP didn't produce.

I think they could go with a 7D rotation like someone mentioned. A bit unorthodox but will help spread the minutes for now. The PP produced but it was entirely in spite of Nurse.

Reactions: Roof Daddy

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Manning is not a racist. He said something in the heat of the moment like many players do. It is ridiculous to hold this one incident against him for the rest of his career.

ITs not about that comment, its just that other players has passed him on the depthchart. Like Bouchard has had half a season in the AHL, time to get a test on the big.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Manning is not a racist. He said something in the heat of the moment like many players do. It is ridiculous to hold this one incident against him for the rest of his career.

Considering what's transpired over the past few months in hockey, it will whether any of us like it or not. The only way he could have escaped that in today's game would be by being an unreplaceable player and a strong communication strategy to put him in a better light.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I think they could go with a 7D rotation like someone mentioned. A bit unorthodox but will help spread the minutes for now. The PP produced but it was entirely in spite of Nurse.

I like this idea a lot. Give him PP and incredibly sheltered minutes (O-zone starts with bottom 6 out there). Even if it only equates to 6-8 minutes, it’s a couple minutes you can shave off Bear and Nurse’s minutes. Both are more valuable 5 on 5 than on the PP.

Here’s hoping Tipp feels the same way.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
I like the idea of Bouchard being up for the time me being. Let him get a taste of competitive NHL hockey. Can always send him down if he isn't ready.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Just curious.. is Bouchard cross eyed? I used to be cross eyed as a child and had surgery to correct it

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Just curious.. is Bouchard cross eyed? I used to be cross eyed as a child and had surgery to correct it
Looks like he has a "lazy eye". Know someone like that, and at times, I can never tell whether she's talking to me, or someone beside me.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So good Button bashing lately, so did anyone see him yank up his Oilers prospect chart after explaining how AA wasn't going to work at all with McDavid, and he plays too selfish?

Prospect rankings:

Broberg A-
Bouchard B
Samorukov B

Thanks Button!

Reactions: 780il

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad