Sep 27, 2017
Too bad you couldn't have written that in crayon, it'd be even more appropriate
I typed it on this
GUEST_0061bd58-3392-43c2-9ea0-25172d27e7e6

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Great for him, hard to be love this prospect any more, honestly.

I wonder where Samorukov ended up in the "voting" after his strong season.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Great for him, hard to be love this prospect any more, honestly.

I wonder where Samorukov ended up in the "voting" after his strong season.

2nd in voting was Mac Hollowell (TML prospect) 3rd was Bode Wilde (NYI Prospect)

I believe Samorukov was awarded the best defensive D and best body checker in the western conference OHL coaches poll

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Oh no! He’ll bust! Alexei Semenov was the last Oilers pick to win OHL Oustanding Defenseman. :sarcasm:

Good for him and I love him as a prospect. Now lets all take a deep breath and remember he’s got a lot of work to do. Patience is the word.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Didn't like his lack of urgency when accepting the reward.

I know this is a joke post and a damn good one, but the lack of a sense of urgency thing is pretty ridiculous. You know who else has a lack of urgency in his game? Sekera. His ability to make decisions under fire was noticed big time by me when he returned. We've seen too many D that are in such a rush that they are forcing plays and we know how that plays out.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
It's too early for anything other than speculation and hope but...

I still can not figure out how we got him at 10. It's insane. Probably something wrong with him. Otherwise it makes no sense.

Incredible numbers. Nhl level everything with elite vision, IQ, passing AND an accurate and heavy slapper... AND he is a RD! Wtf.

I know his skating is average and his defense needs work but those "faults" don't offset his incredible skill set for me.

Hope he can come in and be a positive contributer sooner rather than later.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
It's too early for anything other than speculation and hope but...

I still can not figure out how we got him at 10. It's insane.

I hear you. I was really happy when we ended up getting him because he's pretty much the exact player we need. Could use a few more like him on D to be honest, someone with a big shot that can walk that line fairly comfortably or jump into a play. Can't wait to see what he does next year.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I know this is a joke post and a damn good one, but the lack of a sense of urgency thing is pretty ridiculous. You know who else has a lack of urgency in his game? Sekera. His ability to make decisions under fire was noticed big time by me when he returned. We've seen too many D that are in such a rush that they are forcing plays and we know how that plays out.
This may end up sounding out to lunch but hear me out.

He reminds me of Draisaitl. Draisaitl at times in the WHL was knocked for almost being to relaxed. Not much urgency in his skating and defense but was almost always where he needed to be offensively and put up stellar numbers.

Draisaitl looked like a slower skater in the WHL mostly because his anticipation and IQ was high enough he didn't really waste energy. Skated when he needed, as hard as he needed to be in the right spot. He fixed that for the NHL.

Bouchard is similar imo. His defensive needs read work but looking at the ridiculous amounts of minutes he plays and his offensive ability and reads, Bouchard doesn't "play with urgency" cause it's almost wasting energy st this point. You can't play 30+ minutes a night if you are constantly hustling to every puck when you have the IQ to not have to. Yeah it bites him at times but I feel like that's something he can easily clean up for the NHL level

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad