OT: European trip

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Like last year, I'm heading to Paris for a few days. This year, following that up with Prague and Munich a few days each. I'll catch what games I can, but managed to catch most while away last year. Can't abandon y'all!

Looking for trip recommendations and suggestions from y'all. Loved Paris last year but didn't spend enough time so going back. First time to Munich and Prague.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Like last year, I'm heading to Paris for a few days. This year, following that up with Prague and Munich a few days each. I'll catch what games I can, but managed to catch most while away last year. Can't abandon y'all!

Looking for trip recommendations and suggestions from y'all. Loved Paris last year but didn't spend enough time so going back. First time to Munich and Prague.

Thanks!
Check out Wolter's World channel on Youtube. He's got great advice for travelers and knows a lot of things about Paris and Prague, and also Germany. He's got a great channel and website. I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip! I want to hear all about it and want to see pics too!!

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Check out Wolter's World channel on Youtube. He's got great advice for travelers and knows a lot of things about Paris and Prague, and also Germany. He's got a great channel and website. I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip! I want to hear all about it and want to see pics too!!

Thanks for the links! I'll take pics!

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
It's been a minute since I've been to Prague and I'm sure AK has way more recent info to give you, but I always stayed in District 3. You should be able to get a hotel room for about $100/night, the neighborhood is a nice blend of locals and expats, and it's a very pleasant 30 minute stroll to the touristy areas.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Restaurants:

Marina: great sea bass carpaccio
White Horse: inside a medieval cellar
Kampa Park:bit pricey but the view is amazing

I'll go into more detail when I land in Helsinki. Boarding at the moment

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Thanks!

FWIW we flew to California today and are heading to Hawaii after that and I won't be back until late on the 22nd. I'm not sure either how many games I'm going to catch. I've never been to Hawaii before.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
It's been a minute since I've been to Prague and I'm sure AK has way more recent info to give you, but I always stayed in District 3. You should be able to get a hotel room for about $100/night, the neighborhood is a nice blend of locals and expats, and it's a very pleasant 30 minute stroll to the touristy areas.

There are a lot of really nice Air BnBs in Prague for very affordable prices. I think I was in District 1, but one block from the train, and there we're bars everywhere. Days trips to placed like Dresden or Karlovy Vary are possible, and Karlovy Vary is beautiful, definitely my favorite place on that trip.

There's a kind of speakeasy called The Anonymous Shrink in Prague. You go into one bar and press a button in the hall to get to the other. You choose a drink based on ink blots. It was a good time. Lot of great bars, really.

Reactions: will1066

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have fun dude!

D695A128-2B03-46CC-8FDD-608271E58538.gif

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
There are a lot of really nice Air BnBs in Prague for very affordable prices. I think I was in District 1, but one block from the train, and there we're bars everywhere. Days trips to placed like Dresden or Karlovy Vary are possible, and Karlovy Vary is beautiful, definitely my favorite place on that trip.

There's a kind of speakeasy called The Anonymous Shrink in Prague. You go into one bar and press a button in the hall to get to the other. You choose a drink based on ink blots. It was a good time. Lot of great bars, really.

Unfortunately, my favorite bar in Prague is no longer with us. It was called “Blind Eye” and it was amazing.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Thanks for all the tips so far. I should've mentioned that I have hotel covered. My wife works for a hotel company. But I'm collecting your district and restaurant/bar recommendations!

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Not gonna lie, I logged onto HF and the first 2 threads I see are about AV and Europe and I was like huh? Did I accidentally go over to the Flyers’ board?:laugh:

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
FWIW we flew to California today and are heading to Hawaii after that and I won't be back until late on the 22nd. I'm not sure either how many games I'm going to catch. I've never been to Hawaii before.

Which part of Hawaii? I went to Maui about 10 years ago. Hope you enjoy!

Reactions: eco's bones

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
When are you going? Definitely try to catch a Bundesliga match in Munich. Bayern is obviously there. Never been to their stadium but have gone in Germany before. Its insane even if you don't care for soccer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad