OT: European Hockey

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Hey guys, recently moved to Europe. I've found ways to watch NHL hockey, albeit 12 hours after it happens, and I've been thinking it would be cool to try and watch a European hockey league. Which league is fun to watch and is something I can stream? I'd think the logical ones are the SHL and the KHL, but was curious about what was accessible and fun to watch. This NHL season has left kind of a bad taste in my mouth too, and it would be nice to broaden my horizons a bit. Nothing to do with the Stars performance (if it was that I would have stopped watching a decade ago), but more to do with the reffing and the coverage of the sport in general, among other thing that are out of the scope of this thread. I also don't speak any Swedish, Russian, Finnish, etc., so I guess that's kind of a non factor as far as it goes.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

PS, I'm intrigued by Canadian Juniors, but considering the time difference, it'd probably be the same as the NHL for me at this point. Also not sure how good the streaming coverage is, so wanted to focus on European leagues.

Edit: Also, I have a VPN in case that helps the process.

Last edited:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I would say besides the KHL, the SHL and NLA are the most high end and entertaining leagues. SHL games are relatively easy to come by and the rights are with C More (along with finnish Liiga). NLA games are a pain in the ass to get. And unless you are located in Switzerland or know someone from there, it's most likely not worth the trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad