Eurolanche Invasion VII is done. Thank you for your support!

EurolancheDavid

In the first days of September 2014, the Eurolanche Fan Club announced the organization of Eurolanche Invasion VII – the seventh trip of their members to Denver, Colorado for Colorado Avalanche games. After a month of preparations and work, there is detailed information about the trip that will be organized from December 26, 2014 to January 11, 2015. With 17 days in Denver, it will tie the longest Invasion in history. Besides the Eurolanche president, seven other members will travel to Colorado this year, which is a record-breaking number. "Thanks to adapting new terms and conditions for our members we believe this trip will overcome and be the greatest out of all previous trips together,“ said the president of the Fan Club David Puchovsky, who will visit Denver for the sixth time, that is another record-breaking stat. Norbert Gruber, a long time Eurolanche writer for German speaking countries will visit the city for the fifth time. For Rudolf Sery, the vice president of the organization, this will be his third participation. The group will be joined by five more members who will visit for the first time. Within the 8-member group, there are 7 fans from Slovakia, and 1 from Austria. All participants of Invasion VII will be introduced separately two weeks prior the start of the event at: www.eurolanche.com.

invasionVII_article_logo.png

Official logo of the trip.​

The main schedule of Eurolanche Invasion VII will consist of watching 7 Colorado Avalanche games against the Chicago Blackhawks (2x), the Philadelphia Flyers, the Edmonton Oilers, the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Ottawa Senators and the Dallas Stars. The number of visited games will tie the numbers of two previous Invasions. Two of the members, David Puchovsky and Norbert Gruber, will also fly to Chicago for an away game which will make them the only members of the trip who will visit all 7 scheduled games. It will be the second time in event history when it's participants have visited an away game outside Colorado, and for the first time they will be using a plane as transportation to that game. All members will count on the amazing hospitality from the Avalanche team. "The Colorado Avalanche organization has always helped us with game tickets, and offered us dozens of chances to meet & greet Avalanche players after the end of games. We are also planning to visit game day practices as we do every year that is generally closed to the public. For all of this we are very thankful for the Colorado Avalanche organization that has been supported in Europe by the Eurolanche since 2007,“ said president of the Fan Club David Puchovsky.

invasionVI_top7.jpg

Eurolanche Invasion VI members with Jan Hejda and US fans.​

Besides the visiting of games, practices, and meetings with players the schedule will contain many trips and activities. Eight members will visit Aspen, Lake Granby, Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado Springs, Mount Evans and many other places in Denver and its surrounding areas. During the trip to Chicago, four other Invasion VII members will travel to San Francisco for a three-day trip. All these scheduled events will make Invasion VII most sophisticated and simply the best trip in the Eurolanche history. Other parts of the schedule include meetings with former Avalanche player Scott Parker in his barber shop, and with Jan Hejda as every year, as well as NBA and NLL games, or even train rides for example. The full day-to-day schedule will be announced in November at www.eurolanche.com.

invasionVI_day11.jpg

The seventh trip will include many trips in Denver and surrounding areas.​

As every year, the Eurolanche Invasion will be monitored by the media that will inform about the trip regularly. Eurolanche Fan Club appeared in European and US media thanks to its Invasion project many times in the past. Recent appearances include a published story about the Invasion VI, in the biggest European magazine about the NHL called ‘Pro Hockey’ that cooperates with well-respected writer Kevin Allen, and also TV appearance of the Eurolanche president on a Slovak TV sports talk show. The most memorable moments are of course the three live interviews for Altitude TV, and a report broadcasted by FOX 31.

prohockey_invasionvi.jpg

Story in Pro Hockey (magazine is published in 4 European countries in 3 languages)​

Colorado Avalanche and Eurolanche fans will also be able to follow Eurolanche Invasion VII coverage online at many places. The website invasion.eurolanche.com will be the main place where they will find all important information needed including; daily recaps, tweets, and a daily diary of its participants in three different languages including English. The mentioned website also will show its visitors a review of all previous trips. The next key source for all information, recaps, photo galleries, and videos will be at our Twitter account @Eurolanche. Facebook sites: Eurolanche (English), Colorado Avalanche SK/CZ (Slovak/Czech) and Colorado Avalanche DE/AT/CH (German) and also of course our main official website at www.eurolanche.com.

Also this time again, Eurolanche president David Puchovsky will offer an exclusive inside look at the Colorado Avalanche game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. David will obtain the credentials as he works for the biggest national daily newspaper in Slovakia called ‘Novy Cas’ (www.cas.sk) and he will cover the game for their paper.

invasionVI_top3.jpg

Eurolanche Invasion VI members on the big jumbotron in Pepsi Center.​

Eurolanche members who cannot travel to Denver this year will have great chances to win authentic signatures from Avalanche players. The winner of the contest will be able to choose six signed photos; three forwards, two of defensemen, and one goalie. Terms and conditions of the contest will be announced in the first week of the regular season. Additionally, every Eurolanche member could start thinking about his further participation in the Eurolanche Invasion VIII that is preliminary scheduled for the 2015/16 season. The organization has already registered interest from its members.

In total, and including Invasion VII, 19 Eurolanche members from Slovakia, Czech Republic, Austria and Romania will have visited and watched 42 Colorado Avalanche games, two of them being at away ice.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Looks like Cheyenne is on the itinerary based on the picture. :nod:

I always enjoy the reporting on this trip. I hope all of Eurolanche enjoys their stay!

EurolancheDavid

Invasion VII schedule:

December 26
- departure from the airport in Bupapest, Hungary and flights via Brussels, Belgium and Washington DC
- arrival in Denver in the late evening, check in at the hotel

December 27
- Denver Downtown
- game against Chicago Blackhawks

December 28
- a full day trip to Lake Granby and Rocky Mountain National Park

December 29
- Denver Dowtown attractions
- watching Avalanche away game against St. Louis Blues with other fans in Denver

December 30
- trip to Colorado Springs and a train ride
- a meeting with Scott Parker
- NBA game in Pepsi Center

December 31
- a brewery tour
- Railroad museum
- game against Philadelphia Flyers
- New Year's celebration

January 1
- a full day trip to Aspen

January 2
- visit to gameday practice in Pepsi Center
- Pepsi Center tour
- a shopping day
- the game against Edmonton Oilers

January 3
- visit to the Avalanche practice in Family Sports Center
- Ghosttowns tours

January 4
- TBD
- the game against Columbus Blue Jackets

January 5
- trips of two splitted Invasion VII groups to Chicago for the Avalanche away game and San Francisco
- individual schedule of a group that stays in Denver

January 6
- trips of two splitted Invasion VII groups to Chicago for the Avalanche away game and San Francisco

January 7
- arrivals of two splitted Invasion VII groups from their individual trips
- NBA game

January 8
- Denver Broncos' stadium tour
- Red Rocks amphitheater
- the game against Ottawa Senators

January 9
- visit to the Avalanche practice in Family Sports Center
- light hiking at Mount Evans
- a bowling tournament within the Invasion VII members

January 10
- early game against Dallas Stars
- Denver Downtown
- NLL (lacrosse game)
- final dinner with the Eurolanche friends

January 11
- departure from Denver airport via Frankfurt, Germany and arrival to Budapest, Hungary on the next day

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
My opinion....

- Lake Granby is a horrible place. You get absolutely zero cell phone reception and the hotels are all from the 1960s. I recommend Lake Dillon quite EASILY over it. Actually one of the opening scenes for the Colorado Avalanche in NHL 15 (NBCSN) for the PS4/One is from Lake Dillon.

- Go to Fairplay, IMO they have the best museum I have ever been to.

- Breckenridge is just 30 minutes away from Fairplay too and the city has a LOT of attractions to do in it.

- Or perhaps go to Keystone if you're going to the mountains, they have some awesome outdoor skating (they also have a hockey rink as well) rinks with a lot of nice gift shops on the side of the lake.
keystonelake.png

Last edited:

EurolancheDavid

which brewery you guys going to go 31st? Might stop by and have a beer with ya

In Golden, but we will move it to 29th.

My opinion....

- Lake Granby is a horrible place. You get absolutely zero cell phone reception and the hotels are all from the 1960s. I recommend Lake Dillon quite EASILY over it. Actually one of the opening scenes for the Colorado Avalanche in NHL 15 (NBCSN) for the PS4/One is from Lake Dillon.

- Go to Fairplay, IMO they have the best museum I have ever been to.

- Breckenridge is just 30 minutes away from Fairplay too and the city has a LOT of attractions to do in it.

- Or perhaps go to Keystone if you're going to the mountains, they have some awesome outdoor skating (they also have a hockey rink as well) rinks with a lot of nice gift shops on the side of the lake.
keystonelake.png

Thank you very much for your tips! We will check it.

Anyway, if you - all memebrs of this boards - have some more tips, do not hesitate to share them with us :)

Thanks!

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I gotta disagree on Fairplay - it's in the middle of BFE.

I'd go to Estes Park for that day you have planned to Granby. You can still go into Rocky Mountain National Park from Estes and Estes is a much better place than Granby/Grand Lake (the other entrance to Rocky Mountain National).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
On the way to Aspen stop in Glenwood springs and try the massive outdoor hot springs pool, it's even more fun when the weather is cold outside. It's right off the highway and right where you turn on the road to Aspen, you can't miss it. I absolutely love Aspen, hope you guys enjoy it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I gotta disagree on Fairplay - it's in the middle of BFE.

I'd go to Estes Park for that day you have planned to Granby. You can still go into Rocky Mountain National Park from Estes and Estes is a much better place than Granby/Grand Lake (the other entrance to Rocky Mountain National).

I'm just talking about the museum out there. You do not go to Fairplay just to go to Fairplay. You go to travel to Breckenridge for skiing in the winter and Lake Dillon in the summer. Then you drive to Fairplay and to check out the town. It's only 30 minutes away from Breck (maybe even less than that).

I agree about Estes Park though, it is extremely beautiful in the winter (actually IMO it could be more pretty than in spring/summer). But it is also a very well known location, so expect a lot of other tourists.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
yeah the hot springs are awesome - go there for sure. In the winter time that place is legit.

Just be ready to smell kind of weird from the water. But it's not because the water is bad. It just naturally smells that way.

Also - If you're going to Golden for the Brewery tour, either go to Coors (crappy beer but pretty awesome tour) or go to Cannonball Creek for good beer. There's a bazillion other breweries around Denver (and a lot of them better) but Cannonball is the best in Golden so you don't have to drive all over the place.

Next time when you guys come, we'll have to give you a proper beer tour schedule :) That's an important thing in Denver these days.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some update thanks to your tips:

January 1
- a full day trip to Aspen and Glenwood hot springs

January 8
- trip to Lake Dillon and neighborhood cities like Keystone, Fairplay and Breckenridge
- the game against Ottawa Senators

I knew this was going to happen, but the museum is only open seasonally from May to October...

http://www.fairy-lamp.com/SPCMuseum/South_Park_City_Main.html

And you guys going in January is just bad timing that nothing you guys can do. Breckenridge still has a lot of stuff to do so you will save the 30 minute trip to Fairplay. But it did get great reviews...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...South_Park_City_Museum-Fairplay_Colorado.html

The snow drifts are probably dangerous from the drive from Breckenridge to Fairplay. Fairplay as Bonzai said is in the middle of nowhere and is perfect for farming since that whole area is just flat land surround by mountains. I could see them getting really horrible snow flurries.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Come to Steamboat! Best hot springs in the state.

On another note, the Mount Evans road will be well under snow (it probably already is, for that matter). If you want to check out any other hikes, there are plenty of other good options within an hour from Denver (weather permitting).

Golden City Brewery is fantastic, albeit pretty much only outdoor seating. Cannonball is good too. Golden is my hometown, so if you have any questions, just give a shout!

iand22

Jun 6, 2014
I was reading some of the diaries from the other trips. A couple of things, unfortunately the Old Chicago's downtown that you were at a few times last year
has closed. But there are plenty of other places to go. Also the Broncos do play a home game while you're here (dec 28) which was mentioned in one of the diaries. Hopefully you'll post where you'll be I wouldn't mind getting a drink with you while you're here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad