Eurolanche finished its eight season and celebrates 8th birthday

EurolancheDavid

UPDATE: I did not want to start another new thread so I just found this one and rename it. It can be a thread for all Eurolanche-intern news.

---------------------
Guys, we are searching for a new people in our team at Eurolanche.com and in Fan Club generally. As you have probably saw, our main website is very active in publishing Avalanche stories in Czech/Slovak languages. There is simply reason of this. I am Slovak so it is better for me to get people from these two countries - and Avalanche had/has many fans there too.

But I think there is necessary next step in our progress. I would like to see more stories in English and in other international languages as we are European/Worldwide website dedicated to the Avalanche hockey. We have some people who help us with this, mainly one Austrian guy, who writes 2 stories in German language every week for many years, but still we need daily coverage besides Czech/Slovak stories.

Is there somebody who would like to join our team? Generally, our writers publish 2-3 stories per week. The number is getting lower in the offseason of course. Btw, offseason is maybe good start to try write stories for us so you would be ready for regular season.

As we are nonprofit organization, I can't pay our writers. But they get annual benefits - Avalanche merchandise and mainly they can choose 1-5 signed photos of the Avalanche players every year. They have a benefit take a part for the Eurolancne events like first and it includes also Invasion trips to Denver. Once they are in Denver, they have first right to get complimentary tickets from the team for the games. And of course, they can meet all the players.

You may know us from these boards before. We are trying to be more and more professional every year and stay in the touch with the Avalanche people. That's is mainy diffferent between us other fan-sites.

What do you think about this? Is here somebody who can help us with stories in English and other languages so the Eurolanche project can grow even higher?

Thanks for your help! Do not hesitate to ask me any question.

David

Last edited:

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I've written a couple articles for these guys and done some casual editing/translation correction work for these guys over the years. Great way to get a little writing experience under your belt and a great group to be a part of. They do great work.

Help them out and join the team.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I might be able to find some time to help out, but it would need to be a fairly flexible schedule. Probably more like 2-3 stories/month. I wish I could do more, but I don't have much spare time.

Last edited:

EurolancheDavid

Thank you very much The Shermanator!

I was thinking about this and I have to agree there would not be any problem if a writer publish maybe 5 stories per month for a start. Anyway, it would be great start of our extended coverage.

I am going to contact RumpleSnipeSkin and other two guys who contacted me via PM.

More help is still welcome!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I wouldn't be able to help (nor would it be desired as I am not a good writer), but I really hope you can find some good people. I'd personally love to see more content from Eurolanche.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
Only language I speak is English. I do have a journalism diploma though. I haven't written professionally for 10ish years but love to do it! Let me know if you need help :)

EurolancheDavid

RECAP:

The Eurolanche Fan Club came into existence in the summer of 2007 and has covered everything concerning the Colorado Avalanche ever since, while also providing many interesting activities for its members. This year’s marked the eight year of the Fan Club’s existence, being as successful as the years past, while also seeing an increase of Fan Club members. “The last year has brought numerous highlights, of which I’m particularly proud of. We organized the Eurolanche Invasion VII, the seventh trip of our members to Colorado, with a record-high eight members participating. We appeared in the printed version of the Denver Post. We surpassed the 500 member mark, while continuing our work as the number one international news source for Colorado Avalanche fans worldwide,†said Fan Club president David Puchovsky.

The Fan Club’s 2014/15 season kicked off with several small, but significant changes to the main website www.eurolanche.com. The main menu became simpler and received more space. Numerous submenus of the website received innovations. The web received a game schedule with game start times in European format. Before the Eurolanche Invasion VII, the participating members met at a weekend meeting in Slovakia, where they got to know each other and talked about the trip’s schedule before venturing overseas. “We attended a total of six games and once again experienced wonderful moments thanks to the Colorado Avalanche organization, including a meeting with Patrick Roy. We split up into groups and visited Chicago and San Francisco, respectively. We drove more than 2000 miles in Colorado alone. It was the most successful Invasion in history,†Puchovsky summed up another one of the Fan Club’s journeys to Denver, during which its members had the chance to win six autographs of Avs players of their own choosing.

There were many competitions on various occasions for valuable autographs and souvenirs throughout the year, the biggest being the Eurolanche League competition, which concluded its fifth season with the three best participants receiving attractive prizes.

Media citations were another important chapter. For the first time ever, the Fan Club appeared in the printed version of the Denver Post, in which renowned journalist Terry Frei wrote about the Fan Club’s attractiveness and the ongoing Invasion VII. Aside from that, as it has been the standard during past years, a report of the trip has appeared in the Pro Hockey magazine, but not only in the Czech version, but also appearing in the Swedish and Finnish edition. Exclusive interviews are also a part of the media coverage and there have been a total of 12, several of them also appearing on well-known hockey websites all over the world.

“We kept an eye on fan feedback in places, where they gather and discuss hockey. The Eurolanche project gets more and more recognition and they really appreciate our work. This has also contributed to a higher average visitor rate of the website, thanks to which we are the most visited and most read fan site. We certainly won’t stop, quite the opposite, we have planned many new things or the upcoming season, which will be the Avalanche’s 20th season about which we’ll inform in the near future,†said Puchovsky.

---
B-DAY STORY:

August 12th, 2015 marks a special day for the Eurolanche Fan Club. Today, the first European Fan Club of the Colorado Avalanche and the biggest Fan Club of an NHL team celebrates its 8th birthday. The idea of a European Fan Club began back in 2007. During the first weeks, the Fan Club didn’t even have a logo, let alone a name. In the end, they were created by the Fan Club’s most important people – the members.

“During these eight years, we have organized seven trips to Denver under the name Eurolanche Invasion, published almost 10 000 articles, gave out dozens of souvenirs and autographs in various fan competitions, had six weekend meetings at a cabin and also had five meetings with Avalanche players. Eurolanche is amongst the very best and we want to continue this trend,†said Fan Club president David Puchovsky.

32 Fan Club members took part in the seven editions of the Eurolanche Invasion project. Together they’ve attended 41 games. Meetings with Avalanche players and a complete service ensuring unforgettable moments were all part of this unique experience.

Various international and local media informed of Eurolanche’s success throughout the years. Articles about the Fan Club regularly appear in the Pro Hockey magazine, the latest article being also published in the Swedish and Finnish editions of the said magazine. For the first time ever, a story about Eurolanche appeared in the printed version of the Denver Post this year. Various articles also appeared in the Slovak magazine Život and many other Czech and Slovak newspapers or magazines. The Fan Club is regularly quoted as a source by a dozen websites all over the world. In the past, websites as The Hockey News, Yahoo Sports, The Denver Post and NBC News, along with the biggest Slovak and Czech news websites credited Eurolanche. Eurolanche.com became a trusted source of information thanks to various exclusive interviews, broad contacts with players and people associated with the Colorado Avalanche.

During the past season, the Fan Club surpassed the 500 member mark and the list of countries the members are from slowly grew to 40. More than 2000 fans are following the fan club on Twitter, with many known faces associated with Avalanche hockey among them. Its two Facebook pages have about 4000 subscribers. “Eurolanche’s popularity is always on the rise, which is reflected by the interest of the media, fans and people from Denver we have experienced year after year during Eurolanche Invasion. The website became the most visited in the category of fansites. This is all thanks to a team of responsible volunteers, to whom I am really thankful for their cooperation and I beieve that we can achieve new goals in the future together,†said Puchovsky.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Everyone on the Avs section always enjoy reading your articles .
You did a great job for all those years and we wish you many more years to come .

Congratulation guys :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad