Eurolanche: Avalanche wants pick Pavel Zacha at '15 Draft

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
LOL I don't care if anyone drafted by the Avs knew about the team before the draft, that's irrelevant and I was just being sarcastic

Edit: This Zacha guy doesn't really have impressive numbers wherever he's playing, OHL I think

Only Connor had more PPG than him as a rookie. For what it's worth, I think this guy's got Malkin like abilities. Big and strong center who can hold onto the puck and score on the backhand. He's got a lot of room for maturing. But, the upside is potentially quite high with this guy.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
LOL I don't care if anyone drafted by the Avs knew about the team before the draft, that's irrelevant and I was just being sarcastic

Edit: This Zacha guy doesn't really have impressive numbers wherever he's playing, OHL I think

Maybe we should just forfeit the pick since there's nobody good enough

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Zacha could be some team's Kopitar but could just as easily be their Wolski. I love his skill set but hope the Avs do their due diligence when it comes to vetting his character. If Werenski and Rantanen are off the board I still take Connor over him. I would take Zacha over Meier though.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I could live with Zacha as the pick at 10. He is not my first choice but he does have a huge upside.

The order of realistic players that I want at 10 would be:
1. Rantanen, I just think the kid will be awesome
2. Provorov, we really need another skill dman to go with Barrie EJ and Bigras, don't think he'll make it to 10
3. Werenski, see Provorov, but at least I think Werenski might be available at 10
4. Zacha, high upside, but I also see bust potential so a little risky
5. Meier, good skills, just like the above mentioned forward prospects better, if everyone else was gone above him he be the guy
6. Crouse, if all the above players are magically gone then Crouse, I just don't like his upside, I see a 3rd liner with solid all around skills but nothing special. I feel if you are drafting at 10 you better get a "special" caliber player and Crouse to me isn't that kind of player.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Why not, my order is

1. Crouse. He's exactly what we need and he is going to be a damn good NHL player
2. Rantanen. Seems to fill most needs, a safe pick but still with upside
3. Provorov. Prefer a forward but can't deny getting him at 10 is a great value
4. Barzal. I know he doesn't fit our team but he's extremely talented and a steal at 10
5. Zacha. Very risk/reward but if the Avs believe in him he'll be very exciting to have
6. Meier. Best fit of the next tier down
7. Connor. Would be higher on his overall skillset if we didn't have different needs
8. Werenski. Prefer more of a two way D but I realize he shouldn't get this far down the line

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Why not, my order is

1. Crouse. He's exactly what we need and he is going to be a damn good NHL player
2. Rantanen. Seems to fill most needs, a safe pick but still with upside
3. Provorov. Prefer a forward but can't deny getting him at 10 is a great value
4. Barzal. I know he doesn't fit our team but he's extremely talented and a steal at 10
5. Zacha. Very risk/reward but if the Avs believe in him he'll be very exciting to have
6. Meier. Best fit of the next tier down
7. Connor. Would be higher on his overall skillset if we didn't have different needs
8. Werenski. Prefer more of a two way D but I realize he shouldn't get this far down the line

I agree with your list, besides maybe Barzal simply because of need

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I agree with your list, besides maybe Barzal simply because of need

Yeah I know, just being honest I just like the kid a lot and any other year he's probably like a top 3-5 pick. Can't deny I'd be excited to pick him. But like a lot of people would throw plans out the window if somehow Marner were available, that almost how I feel about Barzal. If it was him and Zacha there at 10 that would be a tough, tough call for me. Only the Avs will know how they feel about Zacha and if it's positive then he should be the pick. But without knowing that that's how I put them.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If we walk away with one of Provorov, Rantanen, Crouse, Barzal, or Zacha i'd be happy.

Wouldn't be unhappy if we got Meiers, Werenski, or Connor, but wouldn't be same as if we got one of the above.

I think theres a fairly realistic chance Crouse falls to us. IMO, the bottom 6 teams will all pass on him as they'd prefer someone with a higher upside.

That leaves Philly, Columbus, San Jose and most likely a combination of Rantanen, Provorov, Barzal, Zacha, Connor, Werenski.

Philly would most likely take Provorov, but if he was already taken theres a chance they might take Crouse
Columbus have a plentora of wingers, they'll most likely skip Crouse.
San Jose is the interesting team. If they want to go full rebuild, I think they'd focus on a higher upside player like Zacha or Barzal. If they're just looking to retool, Crouse could be taken here.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad