Eugene Upgrade (?)

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Springfield approves developers for Glenwood Riverfront project

The developers in negotiation aren’t the presenters from last April. Springfield is very noncommittal about what will actually be built. But the way the project is being described and discussed (some in other articles) gives the appearance that the sports facilities are not being considered.

One hedge… since I’m familiar with Boise’s arena/hotel complex, something like that perhaps shouldn’t be ruled out here.
Do you think it would be the same size and scope of Boise's arena? Or a smaller arena but the same sort of concept

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Do you think it would be the same size and scope of Boise's arena? Or a smaller arena but the same sort of concept

The talk is of a hotel proposed to be 20 stories tall vs 16 in Boise. But I’m doubtful that the limitation of space is the same, meaning you could see some convention space and then a smaller arena. Or not at all.

Reactions: mk80

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Given how 2025 is essentially a drop dead date for most cities that haven't gotten modernization standards for their ballparks (or new ones), it's more likely that there will be a large effort on the Emeralds part to build that stadium, so it's possible we will see that fairgrounds rink get torn down.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Given how 2025 is essentially a drop dead date for most cities that haven't gotten modernization standards for their ballparks (or new ones), it's more likely that there will be a large effort on the Emeralds part to build that stadium, so it's possible we will see that fairgrounds rink get torn down.
THAT has seemed to me like a bluff that should be called. The worst MLB would do is shut down whole leagues, and per some reports, they’re going to do that anyway.

I do know that, with the same thing happening in Hillsboro, they’re both going to the state legislature to ask for money (supposedly $15 million each). I don’t see the state being receptive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad