Eugene Melnyk refinances the Sens

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Read my post that you replied to....I have always said we aren't moving so you're either confused, can't read, or??? My entire post was saying how moving makes zero sense.
My bad ,I just skimmed over it....And the last time I posted you it seemed like you were just another one of the dozens of trolls we have had to endure this entire off season ,please accept my apology its been a rough off season

Reactions: Gordie Howe Army

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Read this on the Sens board but if true it is not bad news

"Senior Term Debt" means that the holders of the debt have 1st crack at assets should team not be able to sell

Also David Pagnotta tweeted that one of the lenders is someone who has shown interest in buying the team in the past.

I doubt that forfeiting on the debt causes relocation as the NHL would have to approve that and the buyer was interested in the market it is in... also the assets are the team and building not just the team

If the team is valued at 420 Million (as forbes suggests) plus the building then this loan represents a 32% debt to value ratio.. there are worse teams out there The Business Of Hockey
there may be worse teams out there financially but not on ice.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
My bad ,I just skimmed over it....And the last time I posted you it seemed like you were just another one of the dozens of trolls we have had to endure this entire off season ,please accept my apology its been a rough off season
No worries, I'm on a hair trigger myself with all that's gone on with the Sens this season. Depressing would be an understatement and I'm not even talking about the on ice product.

Reactions: topshelf15

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
As a Sens fan my fandom is dwindling daily. Bad news seems to be never ending with the team as of late. Right now nothing would surprise me to hear about the team. I wish Melnyk would just sell the team as his ownership really is bringing the team down.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
As a Sens fan my fandom is dwindling daily. Bad news seems to be never ending with the team as of late. Right now nothing would surprise me to hear about the team. I wish Melnyk would just sell the team as his ownership really is bringing the team down.

I'm young enough to wait him out until he dies.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Why doesnt this guy just sell half the team if he cant afford to float the whole ship? Seems like a win/win for me

-sell 50%
-spend 50% of what you used to spend
-still an owner of an NHL team.
-Fans get to keep their team in Ottawa
-team should be able to become a cap team moving forward.

Or is his ego too big he MUST own 100% even if he cant afford it. Dude is bleeding money the way hes running that franchise.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Why doesnt this guy just sell half the team if he cant afford to float the whole ship? Seems like a win/win for me

-sell 50%

Or is his ego too big he MUST own 100% even if he cant afford it. Dude is bleeding money the way hes running that franchise.

Who would want to share the team with him though? I don't think 50-50 would work in practice, it would have to be 51-49 and I can't see anyone wanting to invest in order to be the 49% on Melnyk's team. I'm not sure Melnyk would want to be the 49% either as he still seems to be under the delusion that he can make this work (unless rumours about the sale are true and he's coming around). He bought the team out of bankruptcy at a bargain basement price, and now he's refinanced it for more money than he supposedly paid 15 years ago; not the sort of guy you want as a partner.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Sens wont relocate its a good enough market that bettman wont let them, he will have to sell or keep being a baby . And as far as I'm concerned the fact a fan gave him part of their liver he should be spending all his money on the team

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
lol imagine if Ottawa relocates

who do Sens fans pledge their allegiance to...Montreal? Toronto?

Well, I was a Habs fan before coming to Ottawa so back to them, I suppose.
Toronto is looking as if they will be good for a long time though, so that appears more likely.
Either way, team should not be relocating so we just need to keep Melnyk money-starved until he sells or stars a full rebuild.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire

-sell 50%

Me personally, if I were super rich, would love to own the team. But would never partner with or trust Melnyk. Plus you know he'd never sell more than 50%. So it's going to have to be either him or not him.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Ottawa doesn't have the sponsorship and even when the Sens we're winning, fans don't show up .why spend even if fans don't show up regardless. there should never be empty seats for a playoff game. ever. reality is Ottawa isn't enough of a hockey market .go to Quebec or Seattle

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Ottawa doesn't have the sponsorship and even when the Sens we're winning, fans don't show up .why spend even if fans don't show up regardless. there should never be empty seats for a playoff game. ever. reality is Ottawa isn't enough of a hockey market .go to Quebec or Seattle

Jets lose home-ice advantage but that’s not likely to faze them

NOT A SELLOUT?
Perhaps the Jets are cutting into their own sales market with the whiteout street parties. There were unsold tickets for Game 2 last night and there were empty seats, with towels draped over them, for the whole game at the arena. There were still about 125 tickets available on Ticketmaster midway through the first period. It’s shocking but those tickets are expensive and clearly some people prefer to join the party outside and watch on big-screen TVs for free …

You better pack up the Jets and move them too, then. They didn't sellout a playoff game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad