Speculation: Ethan Bear.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm alone but legit open arms for my Oilers. Even out the minutes between first and third pair.

Ek Bouch
Nurse Ceci
Kulak Bear

None of this Nurse with 28 minutes and bottom pair with 10 minutes bullshit.

20 for top pair
18 for middle pair
16 for bottom pair

Let Ceci and Bear fight out because Bro and VD are no threat to take minutes from Ceci. Bear might be. Even if he isn't, our bottom pair just got better.

Yes, I know.. I'm alone!

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
If the Flames are heading into a rebuild they're going to need roster players to hold the fort on the ice. They could sign Bear to the PTO and see how he does for a few games.

Reactions: banks

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Now that Vancouver has Zadorov the obvious landing spot for Bear appears to be filled.

The question now is where does he go?
Many reports saying that both Vancouver and Bear are very interested. Bear was even practicing in his Canucks gear still so. Dhaliwal also reported that even after the Zadorov trade, the Canucks are still pursuing him (believe it's around a 1x1)

Would allow the Canucks to run (when fully healthy)

Hughes - Bear (played well together last year)
Zadorov - Hronek
Soucy - Cole

and maybe Myers is there as their 7th D, or slots in for Bear and they run

Hughes - Hronek
Zadorov - Cole
Soucy - Bear

To fit this under the cap, believe the Canucks would just have to send 2 of Juulsen, Karlsson, Irwin to activate Soucy.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Bear is still injured and they were thinking that a contract could be signed sometime in December which would mean you don't get him game-shape until January. By then, he might be willing to take a short term cheap deal.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Many reports saying that both Vancouver and Bear are very interested. Bear was even practicing in his Canucks gear still so. Dhaliwal also reported that even after the Zadorov trade, the Canucks are still pursuing him (believe it's around a 1x1)

Would allow the Canucks to run (when fully healthy)

Hughes - Bear (played well together last year)
Zadorov - Hronek
Soucy - Cole

and maybe Myers is there as their 7th D, or slots in for Bear and they run

Hughes - Hronek
Zadorov - Cole
Soucy - Bear

To fit this under the cap, believe the Canucks would just have to send 2 of Juulsen, Karlsson, Irwin to activate Soucy.
Did you suggest Hronek to second pair to make room for Bear on top pair?

What would Hronek have to do to keep his slot on that top pair?

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Did you suggest Hronek to second pair to make room for Bear on top pair?

What would Hronek have to do to keep his slot on that top pair?
Suggesting Hronek on the 2nd pair because the coaching staff has already stated that playing both Hughes and Hronek 27 minutes a game isn't sustainable. Hughes has already played with Bear last year and had great underlying numbers together. This allows the pairings to be more evenly spread. They'd probably run Hughes and Hronek as a pairing if the Canucks are down 1/2 with less than 5 minutes left.

Reactions: Czechboy

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
hibernate...

Dhaliwal said the Canucks still want him and he's been practicing in Canuck colours.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Canucks are probably still the frontrunner but with the acquisition of Zadorov, he's now 7th on a depth chart so he may want to sign with a team that could offer him more regular minutes (although that's probably going to be a bad team).

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wish Bear all the success as an Oiler fan who loved his puck movement. That said, if Bear is ever going to make some noise in this League he needs to be traded to a bottom feeder. A team like the Sharks maybe. Needs an opportunity to play.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
I'm alone but legit open arms for my Oilers. Even out the minutes between first and third pair.

Ek Bouch
Nurse Ceci
Kulak Bear

None of this Nurse with 28 minutes and bottom pair with 10 minutes bullshit.

20 for top pair
18 for middle pair
16 for bottom pair

Let Ceci and Bear fight out because Bro and VD are no threat to take minutes from Ceci. Bear might be. Even if he isn't, our bottom pair just got better.

Yes, I know.. I'm alone!
please god no he was a double agent in his time on the oilers

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
If the Flames are heading into a rebuild they're going to need roster players to hold the fort on the ice. They could sign Bear to the PTO and see how he does for a few games.
I'm pretty sure players signed to PTO contracts can only participate in practices and preseason games. Not regular season games

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I hope to Christ Edmonton looks the other way and not even bother picking up the phone and blocks bears agents number

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Bear is still injured and they were thinking that a contract could be signed sometime in December which would mean you don't get him game-shape until January. By then, he might be willing to take a short term cheap deal.
I thought players had to be signed by December 1st or have to pass through waivers after signing.

If so, today is probably D-Day.

Maybe injured players get leeway on this rule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad