Ethan Bear named to WHL Western Conference first all star team

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Also, Tyler Soy was named to 2nd team all star. Soy was a Oiler camp invite. 19 YO with 85 points in 72 games (46 goals). 3rd overall in goals scored this year in WHL

Loik Leveille has put together a pretty nice season too with 16 goals and 47 points.

Both of them should have been drafted last year. I had both as 4th rounders. Soy had a very slow start to his draft season but then had an excellent 2nd half and ended up near ppg iirc. His team also struggled offensively I believe. No surprise to see him dominate this year.

I was extremely surprised Loik didn't get drafted too. But I feel he lacked exposure as there were so many conflicting reports on him. Some people said he was 6'0 220 but others said he was 5'9. Some said he was solid in the DZ others said he needs major work. Some loved his skating, others didn't like it at all. Glad to see him succeed and hope to see him at another camp.

I had Bear as an early third rounder bordering on a 2nd rounder so I'm pleased with how dynamic he was this season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That's particularly apt given his aboriginal heritage. :)

Ethan Bear has said that he wants to be an aboriginal role model and he has the potential to be a great one. Congrats to the kid. I'm cheering for him.

In his interviews at camp he seemed like a very nice and humble young man with a very good head on his shoulders. I am rooting for him big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad