News Article: ESPN Top Player at every age: Trouba wins for 19 y.o

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If we all pinch in 1 cent...

He said if not for his broken hand Gally "might" be the leader but instead he went with Trouba. He said Trouba is an excellant skater that uses his size to hit (62) and block shots (73). He references that Trouba is a minute muncher who plays over 21 a night averaging 2:52 per game on the PK and 1:57 on the PP.

Very general article for the most part and Neil might have even added that despite a horrific neck injury and playing with Mark Stuart most nights the big rookie would have been on pace for 15 goals and 43 points (based on his productions rates) over an 82 game season. Not for nothing but his scorong rate puts Jacob borderline top 20 for all D men in the NHL. Jacob's goal scoring rate per game is top 10 and he is ahead of guys like PK Subban, OEL, Doughty, Boyle. In fact despite playing only 38 games he has more goals than Pietrangelo, Yandle, Seabrook, Suter, Kronwall, Fowler etc who have all played between 52 to 56 games. I know these are boxcar stats but think of who Jacob gets paired with and the fact he is not on the number 1 PP and it makes it all the more impressive.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
If not for a broken hand, Alex Galchenyuk would probably be the leader here, but instead top honors go to the Winnipeg blueliner. Trouba is an excellent skater who uses his size to make hits (62 this season) and block shots (73). Plus, he skates over 21 minutes a night, including time on special teams, averaging 2:52 on the penalty kill and 1:57 with the man advantage per game.

Kind of just a space filler article.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Dang... I'd hope for some fancystats...

Neil recently said on twitter I should receive the #fancystats pulitzer prize :p which is BS as their is guys like Eric Tulsky, Tyler Dellow, and others out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad