News Article: ESPN - Top 25 Most miserable fan bases in pro sports

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24367000/the-top-25-most-miserable-fan-bases-professional-sports

2. Buffalo Bills, 27.24

Movement: Up 1

Bills fans moved "up" one spot in the overall list to No. 2 for the first time behind only the Sacramento Kings and supplanted Browns fans as the most miserable in the NFL.

9. Buffalo Sabres, 21.81

Movement: Down 1

The Sabres move from No. 8 overall to No. 9 and remain second in the NHL behind the Florida Panthers, who are No. 5 overall.

I prefer to think of us as the most consistent fans in sports.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres are way more miserable than the Bills.
I agree. I don't think the science of misery analytics has advanced enough to provide an accurate picture. There's no way 16 games of failure is worse than 82. The tailgating experience alone negates half the misery of being a hardcore Bills fan. Many have no recollection of the game.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It's been 5 years since I have watched ESPN or clicked on any of their articles.

I see I'm not missing anything.

Reactions: jd1970

Member 308457

I once had a conversation with a guy about what's worse, to be a fan of the Bills or the Detroit Lions? (he was from Detroit) It's an interesting comparison...a team that came within inches of being a champion with long stretches of loserdom and a team that has never come close.

Who's to say?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24367000/the-top-25-most-miserable-fan-bases-professional-sports

2. Buffalo Bills, 27.24

Movement: Up 1

Bills fans moved "up" one spot in the overall list to No. 2 for the first time behind only the Sacramento Kings and supplanted Browns fans as the most miserable in the NFL.

9. Buffalo Sabres, 21.81

Movement: Down 1

The Sabres move from No. 8 overall to No. 9 and remain second in the NHL behind the Florida Panthers, who are No. 5 overall.

I prefer to think of us as the most consistent fans in sports.

How the heck is the Oilers fan base so low?

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
How does making the playoffs twice in the NFL land one at #2? How in the world are the Lions not #1 overwhelmingly? They seem to use ~25 years as their time frame; the Leafs, Jackets, or Jets have to be the most miserable NHL teams in that time frame. Toronto hasn't won a playoff series since the lockout.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I agree. I don't think the science of misery analytics has advanced enough to provide an accurate picture. There's no way 16 games of failure is worse than 82. The tailgating experience alone negates half the misery of being a hardcore Bills fan. Many have no recollection of the game.
Post of the day.... right there!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad