News Article: ESPN Top 100 forwards

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/page/2013_nhlrank_forwards/

Considering it is based on ESPN 'experts' (which I figure must mean Barry Melrose, Linda Kohn, and a rabid squirrel), this at least provides some interesting discussion:

Bergeron 8
Krecji 26
Marchand 36
Eriksson 37
Lucic 45
Iginla 83
(Seguin 75)

Still with the Crosby/Malkin Penguin love at 1 and 2.
The top 49 make some sense, but the bottom 51 seem like they pulled names out of a hat.

And they totally missed Bobby Ryan. Wait until you see some of the names that made it over him.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Stopped after seeing Couture as tied for 13th on the list :laugh:

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Bergeron is no longer the best kept secret in hockey. No player deserves the recognition more than #37. Dude is a stud, and always has been.

However, Krejci and Lucic can still sneak up on people in the playoffs somewhat. Run opponents over leaving them in the handshake line wondering what the hell just happened to me?

Sort of like the #1 and #2 ranked forwards just were.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Bergy a tad high, Krejci too low, and Couture at 13 is a joke.

Krejci just continues to be underrated. And the guy is a playoff beast.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/page/2013_nhlrank_forwards/

Considering it is based on ESPN 'experts' (which I figure must mean Barry Melrose, Linda Kohn, and a rabid squirrel), this at least provides some interesting discussion:

Bergeron 8
Krecji 26
Marchand 36
Eriksson 37
Lucic 45
Iginla 83
(Seguin 75)

Still with the Crosby/Malkin Penguin love at 1 and 2.
The top 49 make some sense, but the bottom 51 seem like they pulled names out of a hat.

And they totally missed Bobby Ryan. Wait until you see some of the names that made it over him.

Eriksson at 37 and Seguin at 75!!!!!!

oh the humanity how can that be. we got robbed in that trade. :sarcasm:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Honestly is there a way to really rank players objectively?

Bergy is awesom and Krejci is still underrated even by the fans of the team he plays for (he is always the guy they want to trade).

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Well...it appears #25 is missing entirely from the list...so maybe that is where Bobby Ryan lives? Doubtful...but possible.

EDIT. Now I see why (two #24's ahead of him). I tried.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
What i want to know is why isn't bobby ryan is on the list? Mika zibanejad is on the list. What has he done that ryan hasn't done to deserve to be in the top 100? So what this list is basically telling me is that zibanejad is better than ryan. Don't get me wrong, i like zibanejad and he could very well be better than ryan one day in the future. As of now though, he has a long way to go to being better than ryan. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad