News Article: ESPN Prospect Rankings: Wings #4

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I'm curious, if our prospect pool is so good, why was there no one to call up at forward when Copp went down except a career minor leaguer? Who is the elite player that is going to be on the roster next season? I'd love it if it was true, but I think our prospect pool is pretty shallow, we have some middle of the road players possibly but nothing that will be top 3 in the forwards or top pairing defensively.

The prospect pipeline grades are more to do with depth and filling out rosters than having franchise level talents. You’re not seeing Mackinnon level players graded here. Those guys are in the pros right away.

Looking at Buffalo, you have Savoie, Ostlund and Kulich. All look to have good offensive potential but do you see any of them winning awards? Or how about L’Heureaux, Kemell and Svechkov in Nashville? And Columbus has Del Bel Belluz, Brindley, and Dumais?

Detroit’s bunch isn’t sexy but it’s still a good group of forwards.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'm curious, if our prospect pool is so good, why was there no one to call up at forward when Copp went down except a career minor leaguer? Who is the elite player that is going to be on the roster next season? I'd love it if it was true, but I think our prospect pool is pretty shallow, we have some middle of the road players possibly but nothing that will be top 3 in the forwards or top pairing defensively.
Your analysis is pretty shallow. We lack elite forward prospects, we all know and have known forever.

That said, few teams have even one goaltending prospect better than Augustine/Cossa.
Among those teams, even fewer have even one defensive prospect better than Edvinsson/Pellikka.
Among those teams, how many have forward prospects better than Danielson/Kasper/Mazur/etc?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

Twinger

Sep 28, 2017
4th not too bad
I prefer rankings that are just players under 22/23, I think it gives a better overall picture

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad